The ATEN CS1742 2-Port Dual View KVM Switch integrates functions of video signal dual output and USB KVM switches. The 2-port Dual View KVM allows a computer with dual-screen support to pair with two VGA/SVGA/Multisync displays via a USB keyboard and mouse. Additionally, the ATEN CS1742 provides 2 USB ports, allowing each server to share any USB peripheral device that is connected to this KVM Switch.
ATEN CS1742 Features:
- Allows one USB keyboard, USB mouse, speakers, microphone and two displays to control two dual display computers
- 2 port USB Hub built in
- Multiplatform support: compatible with all operation platforms PC (Windows, Linux and most others), Mac and Sun
- With speaker and microphone support
- Bi-directional switching and flexible interoperability; switch permits independent PC, independent peripheral, and independent audio function, regardless of KVM switch focus
- Buzzer On/Off via hotkey
- Keyboard and mouse emulation for error free booting
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons and hotkeys
- Superior video quality - up to 2048 x 1536; DDC2B
- OS Support:Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, LINUX, Mac, Sun and FreeBSD
- Firmware upgradable
- SUN/Mac keyboard support and emulation*
*1.PC keyboard combinations emulate SUN/Mac keyboards.
*2.SUN/Mac keyboards only work with their own computers.
CS1742 Hot Key Sequence
|Port Selection||Invoke OSD|
|Default: [Num Lock] + [-]||Default: [Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock] [Port #] [Enter]||Default: None|
|Alternate: [Ctrl] + [F12]||Alternate: [Ctrl] [Ctrl] [Port #] [Enter]||Alternate: None|
Aten CS1742 Diagram
Aten CS1742 Requirements:
- A VGA, SVGA, or Multisync capable monitor
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Microphone and speakers (optional)
- A VGA, SVGA or Multisync port
- Type A USB port
- Audio ports (optional)
Aten CS1742 Package Content:
- 1 CS-1742 2-port KVM Switch
- 2 Custom Audio/Video Cable Sets
- 2 Custom USB/Video Cable Sets
- 1 Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Quick Start Guide
Aten CS1742 Specifications:
|Height||1.69 in. (4.3 cm.)|
|Width||2.93 in. (7.45 cm.)|
|Depth||7.87 in. (20 cm.)|
|Weight||1.8 lbs. (.82 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32-122 F (0-50 C)|
-4-140 F (-20-60 C)
0-80% RH, Non-condensing
|On Line/Selected||2 (Orange)|
|USB Link||2 (Green)|
|Port Selection||Front Panel Switches; Hotkey|
|Video Resolution||2048 x 1536; DDC2B|
|Power Consumption||DC 5V, 1.25W|
|Power Adapter (optional)||1 x DC 5V; 2.6A|
|Scan Interval||5 seconds default (1-99 secs)|
|Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor||2 x USB Type A|
2 x HDB-15
|Audio||1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Green)|
1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Pink)
|Computer Connectors||2 x SPHD-15 Female|
2 x SPHD-15 Male
|USB Peripheral Ports||2 x USB Type A|
|Power Jack||1 x DC 5V Jack|
|Firmware Upgrade Port||1 x RJ-11 socket|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. It appears as the manufacturer has only listed RoHS as a quality certification. If you would like a recommendation based on Certification needs, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative.
Question: Hi there, I am looking to buy the CS1742 and have a dual monitor and 2 computer setup, the only issue I have is that the 2 computer only have 1 VGA port each, but the instructions appear to show that 2 VGA ports per computer are needed (can I use VGA to HDI concerter instead?) many thanks, Rob
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this device requires two analog video signals for dual monitor functionality.
The tricky bit will be sending an analog signal via the HDMI connection. If it is a digital signal, the KVM will not recognize it, and an active conversion device, from digital to analog, can be expensive and may not produce desirable results.
When dealing with KVMs, we always recommend using the native signals required by the unit for best performance.
Question: This product only appears to include the switch and no cords? Is this correct? And I assume a power cord is provided?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The CS1742 does include the KVM cords along with the switch:
Aten CS1742 - What's Included?
(1) 2-Port USB Dual-View KVMP Switch
2x KVM Cable (VGA, USB; 1.8m/6ft)
2x KVM Cable (VGA, Audio; 1.8m/6ft)
1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
1x User Instructions
As far as the power cord goes, the use of a power adapter with the CS1742 is optional, for example if the unit is not receiving enough power, and requires a separate purchase - a DC5V 2.6A Power Adapter with the inside positive and the outside negative.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!