The Dominion KX2-416 is a KVM over IP switch with 16 KVM ports, 4 remote user ports and 1 local user port for connection at a server rack. The Raritan Dominion KX II family of KVM switches are enterprise, secure KVM-over-IP switches which provide remote BIOS-level control. Raritan's Universal Virtual Media (standard on all models) lets administrators perform tasks such as installing software, transferring files and backing up data. These IP switches also feature Raritan's Virtual KVM Desktop. This feature allows users to scale a target server's display to any size, from thumbnails to full screen video.
The Dominion KX II consists of the KVM over IP switch and Computer Interface Modules (CIMs). Each CIM connects to the server's KVM ports and converts video signals for transmission of up to 150 feet over UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling.
Note: The D2CIM-VUSB CIM is required for Virtual Media.
Raritan Dominion KX II Features:
- Offers capabilities for remote access, plus simultaneous local access for controlling servers at the rack
- Remote users easily access Dominion KX II from Windows, Linux, Sun, or Mac desktops via a wide range of Web browsers or standalone client via modem
- Digital video support (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort) for a wide range of dual video cards, PC's, workstations, and servers
- CIM options that support simultaneous analog and digital video technologies, eliminates the need for expensive and unreliable adapters
- Provides entire feature set out of the box: Virtual Media, AES encryption, dual power supplies and dual gigibit Ethernet ports with failover, SNMP, Syslog, as well as integration with LDAP, Radius and Active Directory Authentication
- Easy installation - plug-and-play appliance
- Hot-swap functionality allows users to add, relocate and swap components without disruption
- Platform independent - CIMs available for PS/2, USB, USB with Virtual Media, Sun and Sun USB
- External modem for emergency
- Flash firmware upgradeable
Raritan Dominion DKX2-416 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (44 mm.)|
|Width||17.3 in. (439 mm.)|
|Depth||11.4 in. (290 mm.)|
|Weight||9.04 lbs. (4.1 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1U, rackmount brackets included|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Humidity||20% - 85% RH|
|Supply||Dual power 100V/240V, 50/60Hz, 1A|
|Network||Dual 10/100/1000 gigbit Ethernet access|
|Modem port||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||Mini-DIN6(F) PS/2 and USB (F), 1 USB front, 3 USB rear|
|Sample Video Resolutions|
|PC Text Mode||640x350, 640x480, 720x400|
|PC Graphic Mode||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1080|
|Sun Video Mode||1024x768, 1152x900, 1280x1024|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to Raritan, this unit will support the D2CIM-DVUSB-HDMI.
Question: Can you expand the amount of ports on this product? So you can have around 40?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, this switch can be expanded to support up to 1024 servers by connecting multiple Dominion KX II KVMs together. Most often this is referred to as cascading or daisy chaining, however, Raritan refers to this functionality as tiering.
You may also be interested in the DKX3-464, which is the latest version of the 64 port Dominion KX line. https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/dkx3-464.html