DSView 3 management software, with hub and spoke architecture, provides failover authentication. Users authenticate to a central management server (the hub) or one of 15 mirror servers (the spokes). SNMP and IPMI support are also provided.
Avocent KVM over IP (DSR8035-001) Features and Benefits:
- 32-port KVM over IP Switch featuring 8 digital paths
- Compact, KVM over IP appliance integrates KVM, an external modem and power control in one solution
- Includes five USB 2.0 local ports and two SPC power management ports
- Includes dual network interfaces for failover redundancy
- Local and remote access for at the rack and remote data center management
- Requires login at the local port for increased security
- Provides access to an unlimited number of servers or serial devices, no matter their location
- Includes 32 configurable ports for maximum flexibility when connecting to servers or serial devices
- Offers IT administrators the ability to dial into a remotely located server or serial device
- Designed for multi-platform servers, including PS/2, Sun and USB
- On-board Web browser support allows direct access to target devices without additional software, a benefit for companies who want a scalable system that can easily grow with them. DSView 3 management software can be added later as the system grows
DSView 3 (software for Avocent KVM over IP DSR8035-001) Features:
- Virtual media capability allows remote loading of software for file transfers, application and OS patches and diagnostic testing
- DSView 3 management software, with hub and spoke architecture, provides failover authentication
- Remotely reboot the server to the BIOS level or even power cycle remote devices --- all from a single DSView 3 software interface
- Uses the same management interface for the data center and the branch offices
- DSView advanced security includes audit logs and the ability to assign individual user rights
Supported by DSView 3 software. Sold separately. A USB 2.0 module and DSView 3 software required for virtual media.
Avocent KVM over IP (DSR8035-001) Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm)|
|Width||17.00 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||14.25 in. (36.20 cm)|
|Weight||7.3 lbs. (3.31 kg) without cables|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 degrees C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz autosensing|
|Input||40 W maximum|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun, USB|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA (XGA, XGA-II with adaptor), Maximum Local Port: 1600 x 1280, Maximum Remote Port using a DSRIQ module: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Peripherals||PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, IntelliMouse (PS/2 only), IBM Scrollpoint, Logitech Mouseman+, Logitech Marble Plus, Logitech Marble FX and Kensington Expert mouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, GS, VCCI, MIC, C-Tick, GOST|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the wide variations in operating environments, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this simple FAQ.
However, browsing through the DSR manual, it appears there should be a Virtual Media dialogue box available under the OSCAR interface at the bottom, to the left of the Clear option labeled [VMedia]. You can download a copy of the manual here: http://www.42u.com/pdf/Avocent-DSR-SWITCH.pdf.
You may also be interested in the Avocent user community: http://community.emerson.com/networkpower/support/avocent/. There are a number of threads regarding Virtual Media there.
Question: Is this switch compatible with Dell R520 server?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This switch should work with the Dell R520 server when connected with the appropriate Avocent Computer Interface Module connected directly to the servers VGA and US ports. It will not however, work with iDRAC.