48-port Serial Console Server - Dual-AC, dual gigabit LAN, Serial, and USB
The Dominion SX II is Raritan's next-generation Serial Console Server (Terminal Server) that provides IT and network administrators secure IP access and control of serial devices, anytime, anywhere. The new SX II is the most powerful, secure, reliable, easy-to-use serial- over-IP device on the market. SX II provides convenient access to networking devices, servers, PDUs, telecommunications and other serial devices.
With the new Dominion SX II, you can productively access, monitor and control a wide range of serial devices - networking switches/routers/firewalls, servers, power equipment, telecommunications gear and virtually any device with a serial port. With Raritan's CommandCenter, organizations can manage hundreds or even thousands of serial devices, spread across multiple locations, including branch offices. The new SX II incorporates over ten years of serial experience in a powerful, next-generation platform that is easy to install, convenient to use and a snap to manage. Choose the SX II for the ultimate in performance, reliability, security, manageability and productivity.
- Powerful 1GHz CPU engine, with an 8-fold increase in RAM
- Flash memory, up to 8 GB, for storage and logging
- Dual-AC power supplies and dual gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, with automatic failover
- 48 port 1U secure appliances (optional telephone modem - 'M' models)
- Supports 10 connections per port and up to 200 simultaneous sessions
- Complete CLI access and control via SSH, Telnet and GUI
- Web browser access via Raritan Serial Client (RSC) and CommandCenter
- Convenient Direct Port Access methods via SSH, Telnet & HTTP
- At-the-rack access via: (1) Serial console, (2) Laptop/USB or (3) KVM Console
*DSX2-32M 32 Port Model Rear
Exciting New Features and Innovations
The SX II new features include: military grade security features (256-bit AES and FIPS 140-2 certified encryption), automatic DTE/DCE serial port detection, innovative at-the-rack access options, wireless modem support, IPv6 networking, and two script based auto-configuration methods.
Full CLI-based Configuration and Auto-Configuration
The SX II offers complete CLI access and management via SSH, Telnet and web-browser, with convenient direct port access methods. Two script-based automatic configuration methods (TFTP server and USB stick) are available for fast installation and configuration changes.
Automatic DTE/DCE Serial Port Detection
For fast installations, the SX II supports straight Cat5 connections to Cisco and other compatible RJ-45 devices, without rollover cables. The SX II can also directly replace the first generation SX with compatible serial device connections.
Innovative At-the-Rack Access
With the Dominion SX II, you get multiple types of local access at-the-rack. This includes: (1) Traditional RJ45 serial port, (2) Mini-USB port for laptop connection, and a (3) DVI & USB-based KVM console for connection to a rackmount keyboard tray, or even a KVM switch.
Easy to Manage via CLI, Web and Raritan's CommandCenter
- Full CLI-based configuration and management
- Two script-based automatic configuration methods via USB drive & TFTP server
- Raritan Dominion-compatible management features for firmware updates, backups, etc.
- Access & manage thousands of serial devices via Raritan's CommandCenter Centralized Management product
Comprehensive Serial Device Access to a Wide Range of Equipment
- Automatic DTE/DCE Serial Port Detection
- Direct connect to Cisco devices without rollover cables!
- Flexible Serial Port Options - BPS, parity, flow control, stop bits
- 1,200 to 230,400 baud serial connections
- Remote power control of Raritan PDU's (with power control menu)
- Port Logging & Triggers for serial sessions
Military-Grade Security Features
- Certified FIPS 140-2 encryption module
- Strong 256 Bit AES encryption
- Dual-stack IPv4 & IPv6 networking
- External authentication with LDAP, Radius, TACACS & Active Directory
- Fully configurable "iptables" firewall support
- Multiple logging methods: SNMP, Syslog, Email, NFS, internal
Raritan DSX2-48 Specifications
|From Factor||1U, rack mountable|
|Dimensions||1.73" H x 17.3" W x 13.15" D (44mm x 440mm x 334mm)|
|Weight||9.08 lbs (4.12 kg)|
|Power||100/240VAC auto-switching: 50-60 Hz, .35A|
|Max Power Consumption||25W|
|Temperatures||Operating: 0°C - 50°C. Non-Operating: 0°C - 55°C|
|Humidity||Operating: 20% - 85%. Non-Operating: 10% - 90%|
|Altitude||Operates properly at any altitude from 0 to 2,000 meters|
|Approvals||CE, FCC Part 15 Class A, US UL|
|Network||Dual 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, PPP, PAP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, TACACS+, LDAP(S), RADIUS, SNMP. IPv4 & IPv6. Automatic fail-over or independent LAN ports|
|Warranty||Two Years with Advanced Replacement*. Can purchase additional 3 year warranty - Contact US|