DVN-4Quad is a dedicated multi-platform KVM switch capable of managing up to 4 different computers through four DVI-Dmonitors, one USB keyboard & mouse, a single set of speakers and a USB 2.0 Device.The USB emulation technology utilized by DVN-4Quad enables immediate hotkey source switching through a remote USBkeyboard and mouse. DVN-4Quad uses single link connectors providing high resolutions of up to 1920x1200 with zero pixel lossfrom TMDS signal correction.
SmartAVI DVN-4QuadS Features:
- Supports Mac, PC, Linux and Sun Mac OS, Sun OS, Unix
- Supports High Resolution 1920x1200 60Hz WUXGA
- Uses universal DVI Single Link connectors
- Zero pixel loss with TMDS signal correction
- Supports all USB 2.0 Devices
- Control Sun, Mac or PC computers from a common KVM console
- Compatible with all major software including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Sun OS, Unix
- Rack mountable in a standard 19 inch rack
- Flash upgradeable firmware
- Front panel keys for selecting users and channels manually
- Supports USB keyboard and mouse
- Balanced stereo audio output
- Full IR and RS-232 control for remote control
- Optional TCP/IP control
- Hot-key commands for quick channel selection.
- Independent (asynchronous) switching of KVM and peripheral USB/audio ports. Users can listen to audio from one computer while working on the other or scan a document and save in another computer.
- Complete keyboard emulation for error free booting
- Superior video quality - 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Server Collocation
- Digital Signage
- Dealer Rooms
- Control Rooms
- Audio/Visual Presentations
- Shopping Centers
- KVM Switches
SmartAVI DVN-4QuadS Diagram
SmartAVI DVN-4QuadS Specifications:
|Operating Temperature||32-131°F (0-55 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4-185 °F (-20-85 °C)|
|Humidity||Up to 95%|
|Power||External 100-240 VAC/5VDC4A @20W|
|Front Panel||Tactile Switch, Display: LCD 2 x 20 Character|
|RS232||Via Control @ 115200 bps|
|Format||DVI-D Single Link, DVI 1.0|
|Maximum Pixel Clock||165 MHz|
|Input Interface||(16) DVI-D 29-pin|
|Output Interface||(4) DVI-D 29-pin|
|Resolution||Up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz|
|DDC||5 volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Output Cable Length||Up to 20 ft.|
|Data Rate||1.65 Gbps per color|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 KHz|
|Common Mode||Rejection at 60dB|
|Input Interface||(4) 3.5 mm Stereo Audio|
|Output Interface||(1) 3.5 mm Stereo Audio|
|Signaling||USB 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 w/Internal Hub|
|Input Interface||(4) USB Type B|
|Output Interface||(2) USB 1.1 Type A for KVM Devices |
(2) USB 2.0 Type A Transparent
|Emulation||Keyboard and Mouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, CE, ROHS Compliant|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This particular device will share a single keyboard and mouse setup, and 4 displays with up to 4 computers using DVI-D and USB cables.
From what you describe, it sounds more like a video splitter/extension solution might be required. Which particular solution is needed, will depend on a number of factors.
Please contact your KVM Switches Online representative via phone at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.
Question: does this also support 1 webcam, 1 printer, and 1 microphone
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The DVN-4Quad will support two USB devices through the external USB hub. The hub supports transparent USB 2.0 pass through, so it should support all USB 2.0 devices.
Unfortunately, there is no support for a microphone.
Question: I have 2 PCs running network monitoring software, with 3 monitors on 1 PC and 1 monitor on the other PC. Does this switch handle multiple monitors via KVM, or is it restricted due to oly having 1 interface ea between the KVM and the PC's?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This unit will support up to four monitors for each source. However, due to the nature of a KVM switch, only the active computer will have access to the four displays.
If you need to simultaneously monitor the video output from both computers, you may be interested in a KM switch, which shares the keyboard and mouse but allows each individual PC to have its own monitors.
One pretty popular KM switch is the CCS-PRO4: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ccs-pro4-us.html. Additional KM switches can be found on this page: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/keyboard-mouse-switch.html.
For additional recommendations, please contact your KVM Switches Online representative at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.