IOGEAR's GCS1642 2-Port Dual View DVI KVMP Switch marks a leap in KVM functionality by combining IOGEAR's DynaSync with the widescreen graphics resolution of today's 30+ inch monitors, supporting Dual View / Dual Link DVI, 2560 x 1600 (higher than 1080p HD) and 3D graphics. Two Dual-View / Dual Link display computers can be accessed and controlled from a single console running dual-displays.
This unique KVMP can increase efficiency and save equipment cost for applications where high resolution, 3D graphics, large or widescreen dual-display monitors are required, for situations such as:
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing)
- Desktop Publishing / Graphic Design / Video Editing
- Medical / Surgical / Diagnostic Displays
- And High-End Gaming
The GCS1642 also features two USB 2.0 peripheral ports for asynchronously sharing USB devices between your computers. A powered USB hub may be attached to the peripheral ports for added functionality. Audio and microphone support makes sharing speakers and a microphone a convenience for the users which serves as an extra value.
The IOGEAR's DynaSync remembers your monitor's ideal resolution and refresh rate (EDID), making it possible to boot all your computers simultaneously, switch back and forth between computers, and still maintain the ideal video settings of the monitor.
The GCS1642 offers an out-of-box solution including all cabling required for "Set-up and Go"!
The IOGEAR GCS1642 Features:
- DualView Dual-Link DVI support - Share 2 DVI monitors with a single keyboard and mouse along 2 computers
- High resolution - Up to 2560 x 1600
- Supports 3D graphics and gaming
- Multi OS platform support
- 2-portUSB 2.0hub for peripherals sharing
- Asynchronous hotkey switching between KVM focus, USB peripheral, and Audio ports
- IOGEAR'sDynaSync reads and remembers the monitor's parameters (EDID) so there is no delay or change of video resolution when switching between, or booting computers*
- HDCP Compliant
- Audio enabled - Microphone support and full bass response provides 2.1 stereo sound
- Complete keyboard and mouse emulation for error free booting and real-time switching
- Computer switching via front panel pushbuttons or hotkeys
- Supports MAC and Sun keyboard and special keys
- Firmware upgradeable
- Plug & Play - No software installation required
- All cables included
- *IOGEAR's DynaSync provides the EDID support for Windows 7
IOGEAR GCS1642 Diagram
The IOGEAR GCS1642 Package Contents:
- 1 x 2-Port Dual View Dual-Link DVI KVMP Switch
- 2 x Dual-Link DVI-D KVM Cable
- 2 x Dual-Link DVI-D Cable
- 1 x PS/2 to USB Adapter
- 1 x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1 x Power Adapter
- 1 x Installation Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
The IOGEAR GCS1642 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (4.4 cm.)|
|Width||10.2 in. (26 cm.)|
|Depth||2.9 in. (7.45 cm.)|
|Weight||2 lbs (.90 kg.)|
|Ship Weight||6.6 lbs. (2.99 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32-122 F (0-50 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4- 140 F (-20-60 C)|
|Port Selection||Hotkeys or Pushbutton|
|Video Resolution||Single Link DVI: 1920x1200; Dual Link DVI: 2650x1600|
|Monitor||4 x Dual Link DVI-I Female|
|Keyboard & Mouse||2 x USB Type B Female|
|Audio||2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green)|
|Microphone||2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink)|
|Monitor||2 x Dual Link DVI-I Female|
|Keyboard||1 x USB Type A Female|
|Mouse||1 x USB Type A Female|
|Audio||1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green)|
|Microphone||1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink)|
|F/W Upgrade||1 x 4-conductor 3.5mm Jack|
|Port Selection||3 x Pushbutton|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This switch supports Dual Link DVI-I monitor connections. DVI-I is integrated digital and analog so it will support both. If the analog connection is VGA, you will need an adapter to convert to the DVI-I connection.
Question: I need a KVM switch to support 2 Dell monitors with DVI-D cables to a HP laptop with docking station and an HPZ620 desktop. Do you have a KVM switch that you can sell me that will support this?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We have not heard of any issues with this unit working with docking stations, and it should work fine (assuming all the right connections are available and other requirements are met).
Please note however, that the laptop/docking station would need two separate video channels to drive both monitors (one video connection to the KVM will not suffice for both monitors). This is the case for any multi-monitor KVM.
Question: will this support dual monitors that are 5 megapixel resolution ?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry
Typical size for 5 mega pixel monitors: 2480 x 2560 - GCS1644 supports up to 2650 x 1600 via Dual Link DVI. 5 mega pixels is higher than the max reesolutions supported vertically - the horizontal resolution would be supported. This means the KVM will default to the next highest resolution that is supported.