The IOGEAR GCS1716 is a 16-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVM Switch which allows access and control of up to 256 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 16 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 256 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the GCS1716 features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The GCS1716 includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The GCS1716 intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
IOGEAR GCS1716 KVM Switch Back View
- Multi platform OS support - Windows, Mac, Sun Solaris , Linux
- Easy to operate - computer selection via front panel LED's, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and HotKeys
- Cascade up to 2 levels - control up to 256 computers from a single console
- Security - 2 level password protection for OSD
- Maximum video resolution: up to 2048 x 1536
- Front USB Port - for system upgrades and shared peripherals. Fully compliant with USB 1.1 *
- Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rack
- Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation
- Fully Supports DDC2B
- Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice.
- Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution.
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components.
- An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation.
*Only systems connected with the USB KVM cables will be able to access the front USB port for system upgrades and shared peripherals.
IOGEAR USB PS/2 Combo KVM Switch Application Diagram
- VGA, SVGA, or MultiSync Monitor
- A Keyboard and Mouse (USB or PS/2)
- VGA, SVGA, or MultiSync video graphics card with an HDB-15 port
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports (6-pin mini DIN) and at least 1 USB port
- Multi OS Platform Support: PC / Mac / Sun / Linux
- Recommended Cables*:
- G2L5202U / G2L5203U - USB KVM cable (6ft / 10ft)
- G2L5202P/ G2L5203P - PS/2 KVM cable (6ft / 10ft)
- *NOTE: Cables Not Included
- 1 x GCS1716, 16-Port Combo KVM w/ Standard Rack Mounting Kit
- 2 x Custom KVM Cable Sets (1 USB & 1 PS/2)
- 1 x Console Cable
- 1 x Cascade Cable
- 1 x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1 x Grounding Wire
- 1 x Foot Pad Set (4 Pads)
- 1 x Power Adapter
- 1 x Installation Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
IOGEAR GCS1716 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Width||17 in. (43 cm.)|
|Depth||6.25 in. (15.88 cm.)|
|Weight||6.02 lbs. (2.73 kg.)|
|Humidity||0~80% RH, Non-condensing|
|Daisy Chain or Cascading||256 (via Cascade)|
|Port Selection||Hotkeys, OSD, Button|
|Console||1 x SPHD-18 Male (Yellow)|
|Computer/KVM||16 x SPHD-15 Female (Yellow)|
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB||1 x USB 1.1 Type A Female|
|Reset Switch||1 x Semi-Recessed Push Button|
|F/W Upgrade||1 x Slide Switch|
|Port Selection||16 x Push Button|
|Video Resolution||VGA 2048x1536, DDC2B|
|Scan Interval||1-255 sec|