Iogear 8-Port Video Splitter
Replaced by: IOGear GVS78
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Video Splitter is a signal booster and splitter that is used to take video input from a single source and direct it to eight video outputs for monitors using analog signals. The signal boost obtained by using the GVS98 allows you to not only split the signal but to extend the distance so that you can send the signal to about 215 feet away. This is no small feat, your average VGA card, over a standard VGA cable, sends a clear VGA signal approximately 25 feet. Dividing this between other displays reduces the video quality. This is why IOGEAR's video splitters are the best choice for allowing you to carry and split the video signal to more that one display with the same quality as the original signal.
Bandwidth is the term that is used to describe the signal capacity of these units. In general, bandwidth is directly proportional to the amount of data transmitted per unit of time. Specifically, in analog signals, bandwidth is the difference between the highest-frequency and the lowest frequency components of a givin signal. For example a voice telephone signal has a bandwidth of 3000 Hz (or 3000 cycles per second), where an analog TV signal has a bandwidth of approximately 6MHz (or 6 million cycles per second) which is approximately 2000 times greater than a simple voice phone call. These units have a bandwidth of 200MHz (which is 150 million cycles per second) and that is 25 times greater than a simple TV signal. The high bandwidth allows for the transmission of large amounts of information at a very high rate of speed, thus allowing for the use of high resolution settings upwards of 1792 x 1344 in 24 or 32 bit true color mode at a refresh rate of 60Hz.
- Ultra High 200 MHz Bandwidth
- Superior video quality; maintains highest signal strength in all applications up to 1792 x 1344.
- Amplifies video signals, increasing transmission distance up to 215 feet
- Supports up to 8 VGA monitors
- Daisy chainable, allows you to expand your video splitter set up beyond 8 displays
- Hassle free, no software to install, instant installation and use.
- Hot plug capability, hot swappable, Plug-N-Play
- Compact design for easy placement
- All metal housing
- Supports DDC, DDC2, DDC2B at Port 1.
- Macintosh Users - All MACs With Analog VGA Support
- PC Users - All PCs With Analog VGA Support
- VGA, SVGA, Multisynce Compatible
- Supports DDC, DDC2, DDC2B at Port 1
GVS98 Package Content:
- 1 IOGEAR Video Splitter (GVS98)
- 1 DC 9V Power Adapter
- 1 User Manual
- 1 Registration / Warranty Card