Avocent HMX 6000 Multipoint Extension System / Matrix Over-IP KVM - Cat7 or Fiber, VNC Support
The Avocent HMX 6000 Series is an IP-based high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extender that forms part of the matrix solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
Truly unlimited extension distances
Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length - If you need to extend further, simply add a 1GbE network device to achieve an additional 100 meters. The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
Single CATx cable or fiber that prevents interference
This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
Real time control with perfect digital video
Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digital video you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
- USB 2.0 with Class Control - Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.
- Redundant Network Operation - The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.
- High Video Performance over VNC - The VNC server can be accessed by a standard web browser but for superior graphical performance, a Real VNC viewer should be used.
- View 2560 x 1600 or two 1920 x 1200 sessions
- Real VNC server with RFB 3.3 support
- Up to 256bit AES and RSA 2048 encryption
- VM support and RS232 for power control
- Supports 16 users simultaneously
- Out of band BIOS level access
- Ideal for Control Rooms
- Plug and play
- 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
- 500m to 10km over fiber
- Single link or single head configuration
- 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz maximum resolution
- USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch
- Screen mass storage
- Redundant network operation
Multi-Point Extension Application Diagram
Multi-Point KVM-Over-IP Application Diagram
|HMX6200T-001||HMX TX dual DVI-D, QSXGA, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMX6200R-001||HMX RX dual DVI-D, QSXGA, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMX6210T-001||HMX TX dual DVI-D, QSXGA, USB, audio, SFP, VNC|
|HMXAMGR24-001||Add up to 24 end point KVM-Over-IP Compatibility|
|PSC0005||Power Supply HMX 5000/6000 TX/RX|
|LC-MM-SFP||SFP Multi Mode Fiber Module LC|
|LC-SM-SFP||SFP Multi Single Fiber Module LC|
|RJ45-CATX-SFP||1000BASE-T Copper SFP Transceiver|
|RMK-97||19in Rackmount kit for 2 HMX 5000/6000|
|RMK-82||19in Rackmount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000|
|RMK-83||19in VESA mount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000|