Avocent LongView IP VG Digital Extender, PS/2 & USB Keyboard & Mouse, VGA Video
Replaced by: Avocent LV3010P-001
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Avocent LongView LVIPVG-001 is an IP VG Digital Extender with PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse connectors, VGA video, and audio. This extender will enable you to separate and locate users and their computers anywhere on an existing LAN. This improves data security, removes computers from harsh environments and addresses limited workspace environments.
All of the LongView IP digital extenders eliminate the distance limitations found in analog extenders while maintaining an "at-the-PC" experience for the user. Convenient IP connectivity allows you to select the computer location and provide access to high-quality VGA or DVI video and audio from anywhere in your building. The LongView IP digital extenders also support a comprehensive range of peripherals including DVI-I, CD audio, USB mass storage, keyboard and mouse and other USB devices.
Deploying this solution is fast and easy. Simply attach one of the LongView IP transmitters to the computer, plug the peripherals into the receiver at the user location (desk) and connect both units to the local network.
Avocent LongView LVIPVG-001 Features and Benefits:
- Full Hardware Solution: All connections to the user desktop peripherals are provided without the need for software, OS, disk or fan
- DVI Video: Connects to single or dual DVI monitors on the user desktop
- CD Audio: Connects to the analog speakers on the user desktop
- Quad USB Ports: Provides connection for up to four USB devices including keyboard, mouse and mass storage devices
- Dual PS/2: Provides connection for legacy PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- Ethernet Port: Allows the computer and user to be located anywhere on the 100 or 1000Mbps network with full routing of data across routers, switches and subnets
- Encryption of Network Data: 128bit AES encryption of all data passing between the computer and the network
- Upgradeable: Based on an embedded Linux OS, the device is fully upgradeable to allow for future feature enhancements
- Flexible Mounting: Small form factor can be used on a desk, mounted directly to the back of a monitor or inside the display device
LVIPVG-001 Back View
Avocent LongView LVIPVG-001 Specifications:
|Format||Self-enclosed module|| |
Desktop mounting metal case with external power supply
|Height||0.83 in. (21mm.)||1.04 in. (26.5 mm.)|
|Width||2.68 in. (68 mm.)||8.27 in. (210 mm.)|
|Depth||6.02 in. (153 mm.)||5.12 in. (130 mm.)|
|Weight||0.66 lbs (0.3 kg.)||1.54 lbs. (0.7 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32°- 95 °F (0°-35°C)||32°- 95 °F (0°-35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°- 140 °F (-20°-60°C)||-4°- 140 °F (-20°-60°C)|
|Humidity||10%-90% (non-condensing)||10%-90% (non-condensing)|
|Power In||5VDC / 1.1A||100-250VAC / 50-60 Hz|
|PS/2||2 (keyboard mouse)|
|USB||2 x USB||2 x USB|
|VGA||1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz||1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz|
|3.5 mm Stereo Speaker Jack||Yes, stereo speakers 24 bit 44kHz||Yes, stereo speakers 24 bit 44kHz|
|Mono Microphone Jack||Yes||Yes|
|Network Speed||100Mbps or 1 Gbps||100 Mbps or 1 Gbps|
|Encryption||SSL/AES 128 bit||SSL/AES 128 bit|
|USB Support||USB keyboard & mouse||PS/2 / USB keyboard & mouse|
|Approved Agency||cUL, UL, CE, FCC15 Class A||cUL, UL, CE, FCC15 Class A|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The Longview IP KVM extender will come with a receiver unit, transmitter unit, an external power supply for the receiver, IEC power cord, and a quick installation guide. In terms of cables, the transmitter unit will plug directly into the server/computer and the receiver will use the cables supplied with the keyboard, mouse and monitor. A UTP cable (not supplied) is required to connect the transmitter and receiver. The transmitter will get power from the attached computer. If there are not 2 open USB ports on the remote computer, an additional power supply will be needed for the transmitter.
To access the Serial menu a null modem serial cable (male DB-9) or three-wire serial cable is required (also not supplied). The serial menu allows you to: Configure network settings for the receiver and transmitter, set or change passwords, upgrade your firmware for the receiver and transmitter, reset to factory defaults, set a session time-out value and change the audio performance settings.
The firmeware version should be the latest for this unit: 220.127.116.11 released 01/17/2011.
We are still waiting to hear back on the specifications for the MMK-01 mounting plate and will update this post when we have more information.