Raritan MasterConsole 16 Port CAT 5 KVM Switch w/ 16 USB CIMs
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Raritan MasterConsole CAT MCCAT116-PAC is a bundle which includes a 16 port Cat5 KVM switch and (16) MCIM-USB CIM's. The MCCAT116 CAT5 Switch can control up to 16 servers, and switches can be cascaded to control up to 256 servers at distances of up to 150 feet. The MasterConsole CAT5 Switch works with every leading server (Microsoft Windows NT, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Novell NetWare, UNIX and Linux) and uses Cat5/6 cables.
MasterConsole CAT provides a dedicated, intelligent processor at each port so each connected server "sees" its own keyboard and mouse, a unique "keep-alive" design which ensures nonstop server operation in case of power loss to the switch and the support of high-resolution video - up to 1600 x 1200. In combination with leading-edge technology and scalability such as server selection from the front panel channel buttons and by name from pop-up, on-screen menus.
Raritan MasterConsole CAT5 KVM Switch Backside
Raritan MCCAT116 Features:
- 1U in height for the CAT5 KVM switch
- Supports the highest video resolution of up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz in 100 feet and 1280 x 1024 in 150 feet.
- MCIMs with "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, remove and hot-swap components without interruption to the live servers.
- MCIMs are available in USB and PS/2 for support of various servers and devices in your data center.
- Auto-Switching Integrated power supply ensures proper power provision and system reliability.
- Plug-and-play installation, auto-configuration along with easy-to-use, on-screen displays.
- Works with a mixture of servers having PS/2 and USB interfaces.
- Utilizes Cat5e cabling to carry the KVM signaling from the modules (MCIMs) to a single user console.
- Targets can be labeled with devices' names which allows easier server selection from the on-screen menu.
- Password authentication Support of one administrator and five user profiles for basic management.
- AutoScan allows users to scan servers at variable rates. AutoSkip bypasses inactive channels
- User can control up to 256 servers by cascading units together
| || |
MasterConsole On-Screen User Interface
MasterConsole MCCAT116 Specifications:
|Height||1.69 in. (42 mm.)|
|Width||17.32 in. (400 mm.)|
|Depth||6.57 in. (167 mm.)|
|Weight||5.40 lbs. (2.45 kg.)|
|Power||100V - 240V auto sensing 20 Watts|
|VGA||HDB-15 (F) x 1 (Blue)|
|Keyboard||PS/2 mini-din 6-pin x 1|
|Mouse||PS/2 mini-din 6-pin x 1|
|FW Upgrade||DB9(F) x 1|
|Channel Ports||RJ45 x 16|
|Video Resolutions||1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz up to 100 feet |
1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz up to 150 feet
|Platform Supports||Microsoft Windows NT, Windows Me, Windows 2000, |
Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista,
Novell NetWare, UNIX and Linux
MasterConsole CAT Hot Key Sequences
|Default HotKey, Bring up OSD||[Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock]|
|Edit Name and Scan Menu||[F3]|
|Update Channel Status||[F8]|
|Quits Current Menu/OSD||[ESC]|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The connection to the servers is run over CAT5/5e/6 cable via the RJ45 port on the back of the KVM. From the KVM the CAT5/5e/6 cable would plug into a CIM (Computer Interface Module). The CIM would then attach to the VGA and USB port of the server. This particular model comes bundled with 16 x MCIM-USB CIMs: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/mcim-usb.html.
Question: can these be daisy chained together for scalability?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, this Raritan MasterConsole CAT series KVM can be daisy chained with others to gain control of up to 256 servers.
Question: Can I ask what model is the MCCAT that has USB ports?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Every Raritan MasterConsole (MCCAT) should be compatible with either USB or PS2 connections. Server side connections are made using KVM dongles:
USB/VGA - MCIM-USB
PS2/VGA - MCIM-PS2
For a full list of Raritan MCCAT units, see this MasterConsole page
If you would like a recommendation based on your setup, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly at 1-877-586-6654, at email@example.com, or via our online Chat functionality.