The Avocent SwitchView SC420 is a 1 user, 2 systems, SwitchView SC KVM switch with USB, DVI-I (dual link), audio, CAC support, and intrusion detection. The SC420 offers secure access for any desktop environment where security is mandatory. With USB Common Access Card (CAC) reader support, three levels of physical security, and controlled USB connectivity, you can consolidate multiple workstations of varying security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse without compromising network security. Dual link video offers uncompromising video quality up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz.
The SwitchView SC420 switch allows desktop IT administrators to deploy a single CAC reader that will switch to all computers connected to the switch. (CAC support is required for all government employees attempting to log in to government systems and is specified in the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 [HSPD12].) These switches include three layers of tamper-proof hardware security at the desktop. In addition SwitchView SC420 ensures that only USB human interface devices (HID's) function on target computers by constantly monitoring all devices attached to the console ports. These switches ignore communication from non-HID's (such as flash drives, hard disk drives, cameras and printers) when switching data to the target.
Avocent SC420 Features & Benefits:
- NIAP Common Criteria validated to EAL4+.
- Software Security. U.S-designed firmware allows only keyboard, mouse and common access cards (CAC) human interface devices (HID) to switch to the target computers. Devices considered unsecure, such as fl ash drives or other mass storage devices, cameras and all other USB devices, are strictly prohibited by the switch firmware.
- Physical security:
- Tamper-evident tape: A visual indication of an attempt to gain access to the internal components of the switch
- Chassis intrusion detection: Prevents malicious tampering with the switch. If the cover is removed from the switch, the switch becomes inoperable and the LEDs flash
- Locked memory: Prevents tampering and reprogramming of the firmware
- Secure channels: Two fully secure channels isolated to 60db. Safely switch between computers operating at different classification levels - without compromising network security.
- Clears buffer: Automatically clears the keyboard buffer immediately after data is transmitted through the switch, so no data is ever left in the switch
Avocent SC420 Specifications:
|Height||1.85 in. (4.7 cm.)|
|Width||10.36 in. (26.3 cm.)|
|Depth||7.25 in. (18.4 cm.)|
|Weight||3.2 lbs. (1.5 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Computers||USB and single-head DVI-I|
|Video||Dual-link DVI-I, VGA (with adapter) |
maximum resolution 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
|Peripherals||USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB CCID smart card reader or CAC reader|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE- VCCI, C-Tick, NIAP Common Criteria validated to EAL4+|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Avocent does not recommend or support cascading th SC420 KVM. However, it would be possible to cascade that unit by using regular server cables (DVI USB audio cable) - from the port on the 1st switch and connect to the user port on the second switch, and so on. Still, I would recommend looking at a KVM that would naitively support cascading.
Please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales reprasentitive at firstname.lastname@example.org, via our online Chat, or at 1-877-586-6654, for any help you would like choosing the appropriate KVM.