4-port Secure EAL4+ KVM, DVI-I (dual-link) - USB 3.0 Peripheral Port (CAC), Audio
The Emerson Cybex SC845 secure desktop KVM is designed to meet the stringent specifications of the U.S. government and comply with the requirements of the latest NAIP protection profile for peripheral sharing devices version 3.0. The SC845 delivers proven security features such as unidirectional data diode technology, which assures complete network isolation while offering user-friendly, easy switching between sources. A Dedicated Peripheral Port (DPP) permits a secure connection to external USB devices, including CAC smart card readers, fingerprint readers and face recognition devices. Patented emulation technology prevents Display Data Channel (DDC) signal leakage; and guards against signal attacks.
Industry-leading security features are complemented with a range of capabilities and productivity features that make the Cybex SC845 a great investment. Experience true image reproduction with support dual-link DVI-I, which delivers resolutions up to UHD 4K (3840X2160 @ 30), via DVI to HDMI cable. NUM Lock, CAPS Lock and Scroll Lock indicators improve user interaction while maintaining unidirectional data flow from peripherals to PC. Additional usability features include, zero delay switching between connected sources and flexible assignment of audio devices.
The Cybex SC845 KVM switch delivers strong, effective security management designed to tightly control system and network access and deliver transparent security that does not impede user productivity
- Outstanding security - Designed to meet the requirements of the latest National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Protection Profile V3.0 for peripheral-sharing devices.
- Support for USB authentication devices - A dedicated peripheral port (DPP) supports CAC and additional types of authentication devices, such as facial recognition and fingerprint readers.
- Discrete processing paths - Isolated ports on the switch provide discrete processing paths to each system, preventing data leakage, transfer or crosstalk between adjacent ports.
- Unique NUM Lock, CAPS Lock and Scroll Lock indicators - While the Cybex series maintains unidirectional data flow, it also provides indicators that alert users when the NUM Lock, CAPS Lock or Scroll Lock is on to improve ease of use.
- Gain true image reproduction and display flexibility - Cybex KVM switches offer the industry's broadest range of video connections. The SC845 supports dual-link DVI-I, which delivers resolutions up to UHD 4K (3840X2160 @ 30 ), via DVI to HDMI cable.
*** PLEASE NOTE: For DVI-D video cards please use Vertiv DVI-D only cables. For VGA video cards please use VAD-28 with Vertiv DVI-I cables
SC845 KVM Back View
Avocent SC845-001 Specifications:
|1.7 in (42 mm)
|13.7 in (342 mm)
|5 in (125 mm)
|3.2 lbs (1.6 kg)
|1 x DVI-I, single-link/dual-link and HDMI and VGA with adapter
|UHD 4K - 3840X2160 pixels @ 30 Hz (via DVI to HDMI cable) DVI dual-link - 2560X1600 pixels @ 60 Hz (via DVI cable) VGA - 2048X1536 pixels
|32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
|-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)
|0-80% RH, non-condensing
|100 to 240VAC
|35W Max Internal
|USB and single-head or dual-head DVI-I
|RCM, EU, FCC Class B, VCCI, c-UL
Avocent Cybex (by Vertiv) SC845 is also known as SC 845
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The SC845 KVM switch is able to pull a keyboard and mouse signal by plugging in 1x USB A-to-B cable per source computer from a KVM port. You would then plug the actual keyboard and mouse USB cables (2 cables) into the one user station port on the KVM switch.
I would recommend using Avocent's CBL0094 (6ft) and CBL0095 (10ft) KVM cables which integrate three cables into one: 1x DVI video cable, 1x USB A-to-B cable, and 1x 3.5mm Audio cable.