The AvocentĘ 8-port SwitchView SC680-001 offers proven, secure access for any desktop environment where security is mandatory. NIAP validated to EAL2+, the SC680 secure KVM switch provides multiple levels of physical security, and controlled USB connectivity (limited to keyboard and mouse only). Consolidate multiple workstations of varying security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse without compromising network security.
The Avocent SwitchView SC680 switch includes multiple layers of security including tamper-proof hardware security at the desktop. In addition, the SC680 ensures that only the keyboard and mouse function on target computers, by constantly monitoring all devices attached to the console ports. The SC680 ignores communication from all other USB devices (such as flash drives, hard disk drives, cameras and printers) when switching data to the target.In situations where the only USB port(s) are those enabled on the target computer, the SwitchView SC switch will not introduce security vulnerabilities.
Avocent SwitchView SC600 Series Secure KVM Switch Back View
(4-port SC640-001 model shown)
Avocent SC680 Features & Benefits:
- NIAP Common Criteria validated to EAL2+.
- Software Security. U.S. designed firmware: allows only keyboard and mouse human interface devices (HIDs) to switch to the target computers. Devices considered unsecure, such as flash drives or other mass storage devices, cameras and all other USB devices, are strictly prohibited by the switch firmware.
- Physical security:
- Tamper-evident tape: A visual indication of an attempt to gain access to the internal components of the switch
- Chassis intrusion detection: Prevents malicious tampering with the switch. If the cover is removed from the switch, the switch becomes inoperable and the LEDs flash
- Locked memory: Prevents tampering and reprogramming of the firmware
- Secure channels: Four fully secure channels isolated to 60db. Safely switch between computers operating at different classification levels - without compromising network security.
- Clears buffer: Automatically clears the keyboard buffer immediately after data is transmitted through the switch, so no data is ever left in the switch
|Height||1.7 in. (4.32 cm.)|
|Width||17.0 in. (43.18 cm.)|
|Depth||9.2 in. (23.37 cm.)|
|Weight||6.0 lbs. (2.7 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Computers||USB and single-head DVI-I|
|Video||Dual-link DVI-I, VGA (with adapter)|
maximum resolution 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
|Peripherals||USB keyboard USB mouse only, (per Common Criteria Protection Profile v2.1)|
|Approved Agency||CE, UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No 60950-1, EN60950, FCC Part 15 Class B EN55022 Class B, |
EN55024 61000-3-3, VCCI Class B, C-Tick CISPR22, ICES-003
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to Avocent, the country of origin is the USA.
Question: can you use KVM extenders with this switchbox
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We believe the built in security features would prevent you from using a KVM extender with this switch.
Question: Are there 19" Rack Mount brackets available for this unit?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The SC680 ships with a rack mount kit for installation in standard 19in. racks. Unfortunately, according to our Avocent contact, the rack mount kit is not sold separately.
There is a rack mount kit for the SC10080, a discontinued 8-port Secure SwitchView KVM, the RMK-39 (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/rmk-39.html); but it is not clear whether it would work with the SC680, and we could not in any way guarantee compatibility.