The Cybex SCKM140 secure desktop KM is designed to meet the stringent specifications of the U.S. government and comply with the requirements of the latest NAIP protection profile for peripheral sharing devices version 3.0 (Short Name: pp_pss_v3.0). The SCKM140 delivers proven security features such as unidirectional data diode technology, which assures complete network isolation while offering user-friendly, easy switching between sources. An active anti-tampering system and holographic tampering evident labels alert the user when the system has been physically compromised. Patented emulation technology prevents Display Data Channel (DDC) signal leakage; and guards against signal attacks.
Industry-leading security features are complemented with a range of capabilities designed to support users who need to interact with multiple computer systems and peripherals simultaneously. The KM allows users to view information on up to four different systems at once. Each system can support up to four connected displays for a total of up sixteen monitors. With Cursor Navigation Switching the user can interact with each system by simply moving the cursor from one display to another. Additional usability features include, zero delay switching between connected sources and flexible assignment of audio devices.
Rear of the Cybex SCKM140
The Cybex SCKM140 delivers strong, effective security management and productivity features designed to:
- Tightly control system and network access
- Deliver transparent security that does not impede user productivity is a cost-effective productivity
- Reduce cost with access to multiple systems using a single keyboard and mouse.
- Simplify work by enabling seamless interaction between systems.
Application Diagram showing SCKM145.
Note: SCKM140 does NOT have a Dedicated Peripheral Port (DPP) for secure connection to CAC readers, fingerprint scanners or face recognition devices.
- Cursor navigation switching lets users switch control between systems by simply moving the mouse cursor from one display monitor to another. Both audio and keyboard follow the cursor from one computer to the next.
- Outstanding security. Designed to meet the requirements of the latest National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Protection Profile V3.0 for peripheral-sharing devices.
- Discrete processing paths. Isolated ports on the switch provide discrete processing paths to each system, preventing data leakage, transfer or crosstalk between adjacent ports.
- Independent audio and USB switching lets users freeze audio and USB 3.0 peripherals while simultaneously working on a different system.
- Instant monitor, mouse and keyboard switching via emulation assures zero delay when switching between systems.
CYBEX SCKM140 Specifications:
|Height||1 in. (2.8 cm.)|
|Width||13.7 in. (34.2 cm.)|
|Depth||5 in. (12.5 cm.)|
|Weight||3.0 lbs. (3.2 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Input Power||35W Max Internal|
|Security Features||Active anti-tampering system |
Unidirectional Optical Data Diodes
Dedicated Peripheral Port (SCKM145 only)
Full USB Device Filtering
|Computer Peripherals||USB Type-B|
|Audio Input/Output||2 x 3.5mm stereo female|
|Peripherals||USB keyboard USB mouse only, (per Common Criteria Protection Profile v2.1)|
|Certifications||RCM, EU, FCC Class B, VCCI, c-UL|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Apologies for the delay while we were checking this information. See below for the HTS and ECCN for the Avocent SCKM140-001:
|PLANT CODE||PART NO.||HTS US||HTS SG||C/O||ECCN||License Exception|
Question: Does this work with any OS? and between operating systems, say if a user has both windows and Linux?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer, this devices supports the following operating systems: Microsoft® Windows®; Red Hat®, Ubuntu® or any other Linux® platform; Mac OS® X version 10.3 or higher.
It should also work in a mixed environment with multiple operating systems.