NTI HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender with Power over Ethernet (PoE) Up to 333 Feet - Local Unit
The NTI ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE is a local transmitter unit for the NTI ST-IPHD-2GOPOE HDMI extension solution. The NTI XTENDEX ST-IPHD-2GOPOE HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender multicasts digital video and audio signals to one or more receivers up to 333 feet away over a 1000BASE-T Gigabit Network connected with CAT5e/6/7 cable.
Each HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender consists of ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE local unit that connects to an HDMI source, and ST-IPHD-R-2GOPOE remote unit (sold separately) that connects to an HDMI display. The local and remote units can be connected together for a Point-to-Point connection via CATx cable or a Point-to-Many connection via a network switch. Support for multiple transmitters requires a managed network switch.
- Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p.
- Ideal solution for digital signage applications.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) - power supply not required at the local or remote unit.
- Broadcast real-time HDMI video and audio signals to multiple display locations with a managed or unmanaged (also known as non-managed) network switch.
- Transmits an HDMI signal over one CAT5e/6/7 cable.
- Supports video wall installations from 1x2 to 16x16 screens.
- Plug-and-Play installation allows receivers to find the transmitter automatically on the same network. (Network configuration may be required for Managed network switch.)
- Easily expandable. Add remote units as you add monitors.
- Built-in scaler - watch compatible sources at 1080p.
- Supports 2-way RS232 commands (control software on a PC, or other automated control system hardware such as Control4 or Crestron) to control any devices attached to the matrix using RS232.
- Integrated mounting brackets for easy surface/wall mounting.
- Inexpensive CAT5e/6/7 cable replaces bulky video cables.
- Support for multiple transmitters requires a Managed network switch with VLAN/IGMP support. Standard LAN switches can only support one transmitter.
- Each VLAN acts as a separate HDMI Over IP Channel on the network.
- One transmitter can connect up to 200 receivers using cascaded managed network switches.
- Cascade managed network switches up to 3 levels, allowing the farthest display to be located up to 1,000 feet away from the source device. Each receiver can be located up to 333 feet from the managed switch.
- For a point-to-many connection, a standalone network with an unmanaged network switch, hub, or router can be used instead of a managed network switch.
- It is not recommended to use any other network devices on this standalone network as it may cause a degradation in performance.
- Use a PC to access the built-in HTTP Interface of the managed network switch to control what signal is being watched at each location.
- Use a Telnet client to access any receiver on the VLAN or network.
- Customizable EDID table on local unit.
- HDCP compliant.
- Local and remote units must be in the same LAN. The units do not support WAN connections.
NTI ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE Use Cases
Each HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender consists of a local unit that connects to an HDMI source, and a remote unit that connects to an HDMI display. The local and remote units can be connected together for a Point-to-Point connection via CATx cable or a Point-to-Many connection via a network switch. Support for multiple transmitters requires a managed network switch.
Extend the video from a HDMI source up to 400ft / 120m over a single Cat6 cable (High quality cable can reach up to 500ft / 150m). By using network routers/repeaters, unlimited extension distances is also possible.
Point-to-Many Splitter Extender
Using a Network Router / Switch
By using a network router/switch, one ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE sender unit can broadcast HDMI sources to multiple ST-IPHD-R-2GOPOE receivers. Split & extend sources effortlessly across unlimited distances.
For a point-to-many connection, a standalone network with an unmanaged network switch, hub, or router can be used instead of a managed network switch. It is not recommended to use any other network devices on this standalone network as it may cause a degradation in performance.
Using a Managed Network Switch
Create an infinitely versatile and expandable AV matrix. By using a managed network switch, several ST-IPHD-R-2GOPOE receiver units can access several ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE sender sources across the network.
A managed network switch with VLAN/IGMP support is required to set-up a matrix switch configuration using multiple transmitters and receivers. Each VLAN configuration acts as a separate HDMI Over IP channel on the network. Display receivers attached to a port on the managed network switch can be connected to any chosen VLAN to display that particular HDMI channel. Configuration settings can be controlled via a managed switch's own web interface (where applicable), with IP commands, or the switch's RS232 control port. Control software on a PC or other home automation controller hardware, such as Control4 or Creston, can be used to simplify the process of commanding the managed network switch.
ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE Package Contents
- (1) ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE HDMI Extender - Transmitter
- (1) 2-Year Standard Warranty
NTI ST-IPHD-L-2GOPOE Specifications
|Dimensions||1.18"H x 4.76"W x 4.92"D (30 x 121 x 125 mm)|
|Local Unit |
|Remote Unit |
|Max Distance||330 feet (100 meters) over CAT5e/6/7 cable.|
Video Wall App
Managed Ethernet Switch
|Regulatory Approval||CE, FCC, RoHS|