The NTI UNIMUX-4X8-UHDC5 is a 4x8 High Density VGA USB KVM Matrix Switch with an Extender Port for Remote User. This Matrix Switch allows up to 4 users (2 local, 2 remote) and 8 USB computers.
The UNIMUX High Density VGA USB KVM Matrix Switch allows up to four users to individually command or simultaneously share up to 32 USB computers. Access USB computers (PC, SUN, and MAC) using USB keyboards and mice, and VGA multiscan monitors.
NTI High Density KVM Matrix Switch Features:
- The High Density Switch saves rack space
- 2x8, 2x16 and 4x8 switches are 1RU in height.
- 2x32, 4x16 and 4x32 switches are 2RU in height.
- Rackmount kit included.
- Features NTI's patented true autoboot USB switching - all attached computers can be booted simultaneously.
- Compatible with USB computers (PC, SUN, MAC).
- Cascade UNIMUX switches off a single master switch to control up to 256 computers as if from one switch.
- Flash upgradeable.
- High quality steel construction.
- Crisp and clear 1920x1200 video resolution.
- Equipped with OSD, Liquid Crystal Display, RS232, and Ethernet.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent computers from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Cabling runs are simplified with NTI's high density KVM switch cables.
- Flash upgradeable
- Optional support for a USB 2.0 (low/full speed) devices, in addition to keyboards and mice, such as USB touch screen monitors, interactive whiteboards, or CAC card readers.
- Additional USB device must be the same for each user.
- Optional extender ports for locating remote users up to 300 feet via CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- 2-port models feature one local user and one remote user ports.
- 4-port models feature two local user and two remote user ports.
- For switches with the additional USB port option, the remote user does not have access to the extra USB device.
NTI High Density VGA USB KVM Matrix Switch Application Diagram
NTI UNIMUX-4X8-UHDC5 Specifications:
|Width||19.0 in. (48.2 cm.)|
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Depth||10.0 in. (25.4 cm.)|
|Video Connectors||female 15HD-black|
|Video Resolution||1900x1200 (max.)|
|Video Support||SVGA, XGA, VGA, most DVI monitors (when used with NTI DVIF-15HDM adapter)|
|Video Bandwidth||150 MHz|
|USER Keyboard/Mouse connectors||female USB Type A|
|Mouse and Keyboard Compatibility||most USB mice and keyboards|
|CPU connectors||female 15HD-yellow (high density)|
|CPUs supported||Windows USB, SUN USB, MAC USB|
|RS232 Connector & Ethernet Connector||female RJ45|
|Power required||110 or 220 VAC @ 50-60 Hz at less than 25 watts|
|Fuse Protection||2A, 240 VAC|
|Regulatory Approval||CE, ROHS|
NTI UNIMUX-4X8-UHDC5 Control Methods:
- Scan, Broadcast, Sharing or Command modes are available from the keyboard using hot keys.
RS232 Control Option
- Female RJ45 connector.
- Baud rate 1200 through 115200.
- Address up to 15 units, all of which can be daisy-chained and controlled by one serial port.
- CS - causes one INx/OUTx connection to occur.
- CA - causes all inputs to connect to specified output.
- RO - reads what input is connected to specified output.
- RU - reads size of matrix, reports number of inputs and number of outputs on specified switch.
- Standard control method.
- Female RJ45 connector.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface.
- Supported protocol: Telnet.
- Control can be done over Telnet.
- Commands are similar to RS232 commands.
- The telnet server listens on port 2005 (configurable).
- Port 2005 is intended for a software control type session.
Front Panel Interface
- Locally change ports and navigate through LCD screen to execute actions.
- LCD indicates currently selected port for each user.
On Screen Display (OSD)
- Select computers by name with the On Screen Display (OSD)
- Use keyboard or mouse to operate the switch from menus superimposed onto the monitor.
- Power status of each computer is displayed.
- View usage statistics - power-on cycles and hours of usage.
- Names can be up to 12 characters long.
- Shows names of computers on cascaded switches up to 256 ports.
- Modify the size and position of the OSD.
- Help screens assist users with the OSD.
- OS- and software-independent.
- OSD is built into the switch - no need to install additional hardware or software.
- Advanced security included.
- Each user password can be up to 15 characters long, and each switch can store up to 63 users.
- Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which computers each user can access.
- Once security is enabled, a user or administrator must login in order to access any of the computers connected to the switch.