The NTI VOPEX USB KVM splitter (VOPEX-USBV-2) with built-in USB hub allows two users (two USB keyboards, USB mice and VGA monitors) to access one USB enabled computer and up to three USB devices (printers, scanners, security cameras, etc.).
NTI VOPEX-USBV-2 Features & Applications:
Pictured is the NTI VOPEX-USBV-2 Diagram
- Compatible with USB PC, SUN and MAC computers.
- Built-in hub for multiple USB devices.
- Access one computer from multiple locations.
- Multiple users can enter data into the same program.
- Both low speed and full speed USB devices are supported.
- Supports Plug-n-Play specifications.
- Supports international keyboard layouts in auto-detection mode.
- High quality, rugged steel construction with durable powder coat finish.
- Meets the electrostatic discharge (ESD) immunity requirements of IEC/EN 61000-4-2.
NTI VOPEX-USBV-2 Specifications:
- Male 15-pin HD connector.
- Female USB Type B connector.
- Supports a USB computer (PC, SUN, MAC).
- Multiplatform support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, and MAC OS 9/10.
- Female USB Type A connectors for connection of keyboard and mouse.
- Compatible with most USB keyboards and mice, including Microsoft USB Intellimouse¨, Logitech Cordless Elite Duo keyboard and mouse. Gyration keyboard/mouse and Crystal Vision keyboard with touchpad.
- Keyboard and mouse are hot-pluggable.
- Three female USB Type A connectors for connection of USB peripheral devices (printers, scanners, security cameras, etc.).
|Height||2.6 in. ( cm.)|
|Width||8.5 in. ( cm.)|
|Depth||6 in. ( cm.)|
|Power||110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter|
|Connector||Female 15-pin HD connector|
|Cables||Three-foot female 15HD, male USB Type B to male 15HD, male USB Type A cable included.|
|Regulatory Approvals||CE, UL, FCC|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The NTI VOPEX-USBV-2 has four modes of operation that can be cycled through by pressing the 'Mode' button on the front. The operation mode can also be switched with the keyboard when in command mode. The default operation mode can be set when the device is in command mode.
The modes are:
1- Instantaneous: Both Users have control of the CPU simultaneously.
2 - Delay: The first user with an active device gets control of CPU. Second user is locked out until 5 seconds of inactivity form first user.
3 - User 1: 'USER 1' has sole access. Other user is locked out.
4 - User 2: 'USER 2' has sole access. Other user is locked out.
Question: We are looking for a reverse kvm switch that has an extra usb port for the touch screen. So 1 port for mouse, 1 port for keyboard and 1 usb port for touchscreen. I am not sure if mouse and keyboard are usb or not, I believe they are.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The NTI VOPEX-USBV-2 (or VOPEX-USBV-4 for 4 end locations) should work perfectly for what you are trying to achieve. The touch screen would be connected to the USB hub. That being said, due to the differences in how touch screens are configured and communicate with computers, we cannot guarantee compatibility.