The Avocent SwitchView 2SVPUA10-001 is a 2-port KVM Switch which provides efficient access to 2 PS/2 or USB PCs. The audio feature enables you to share speakers and microphone between PCs, and 2048 x 1536 high VGA resolution is ideal for desktop graphical applications.
Note: Cables are not included.
Avocent SwitchView (2SVPUA10-001) Features and Benefits:
- PC access- You can access two PCs from a single keyboard, monitor and mouse.
- Audio support- Audio feature enables you to share speakers and a microphone between attached PCs.
- Ease of use- Pushbutton or keyboard hotkeys for channel selections. Auto scanning allows easy monitoring of attached computers.
- Flexible platform support- Multiplatform USB or PS/2 system support
- Complete solution- Power supply included.
- Hot-plug capability- You can add or remove a desktop PC or laptop without powering down the switch or other attached servers.
- Peripheral emulation- Error-free boot up with keyboard and mouse emulation
- Video resolution- The 2048 x 1536 high VGA resolution is ideal for desktop graphical applications.
Avocent SwitchView (2SVPUA10-001) Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in (4.3 cm)|
|Width||5.5 in (13.97 cm)|
|Depth||3.5 in (8.89 cm)|
|Weight||1 lb (.45 kg)|
|Power Frequency Input||9V DC @1A external transformer|
|Computers||PS2 or USB (1.1)|
|Monitor||(VGA, SVGA, XGA, QVGA, SXGA, UXGA, QXGA) Maximum resolution of 1920 X 1200|
|Peripherals||PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse, IntelliMouse (PS/2 only), IBM Scroll Point, Logitech 2 Button, Logitech Trackball Scroller, Microsoft Trackball Scroller, Microsoft Scroller, Microsoft Intelleye Five Button|
|Approved Agency||En55022 Class B, EN55024,61000-3-2,6100-3-3, FCC 15 Class B, CE|
Answer: Unfortunately, there is not a 30' cable available as this uses a proprietary conversion cable only available in 6 and 9 feet long. In order to extend out to a 30' distance, we would have to use a KVM extender: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/kvm-extender-usb.html. Please contact us if you would like help determining the best solution: 1-877-586-6654.
Question: Does this KVM work with Windows 7 computers. I have run into a problem where non I've tried work correctly. Well documented problem on the web
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We have not heard of any particular issues with this switch and Windows 7, and in general Avocent KVMs seem to be the most rock solid in terms of compatibility. However, it does not appear this KVM provides the full time Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) required to prevent some of the known KVM switch/Windows 7 video issues. Having said that, whether this particular switch will have problems with Windows 7 will likely depend on the environment where it is deployed.
One solution, if needed, would be to add an EDID emulator such as this unit: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ddc-ghost.html.
Another option might be a KVM that provides full time EDID, keyboard and mouse emulation. The following ATEN model explicitly states that it supports Windows 7: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/cs82u.html.