The Avocent ACS6048MDAC-G2 is a 48 Port ACS 6048 console server with dual AC power supply & built-in modem. The ACS 6000 series of advanced console servers integrates cutting edge technologies, adaptive services and secure enterprise communications. They offer IT professionals and network operations center (NOC) personnel the ability to perform secure, remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world. Using a hardened Linux operating system, the ACS 6000 console servers provide optimal performance, security and reliability. Using DSView 3 management software and integrated power, they provide a complete out-of-band management solution.
The ACS 6000 series of advanced console servers features a high-speed processor platform with dual Gigabit-Ethernet ports for redundancy, optional built-in modem and two 16- and 32-bit PC card options. Other benefits include an internal temperature sensor for device level monitoring, and configurable pin-outs for serial ports. The ACS 6000 series also offers software features to meet the requirements of the most demanding data center management applications. Features include automated discovery tools to ease identification of servers, routers, switches or PBX connected to any serial port. This saves time at initial configuration and installation. To comply with existing data center network access policy, the ACS 6000 console servers provide customizable multiple access levels for secure management.
The ACS 6000 series provides a complete solution for secure remote control with features such as enhanced security, data logging and event monitoring. In addition, the console servers support next generation network standards such as Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6). These console servers fit in 1U of rack space with single and dual AC power options. With and without modem, the console servers help maximize IT asset productivity, provide scalability and reduce operational costs.
Note: Please call 1-877-586-6654 for availability.
Avocent ACS6048 Back View
Avocent ACS 6000 Features:
- Operating System- Embedded Linux
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band (dial-up modem) support
- Built-in modem connectivity
- PC card slots support allows for alternative access interfaces, such as modem(v.92), Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic) and wireless Ethernet (GSM, GPRS, UMTS and CDMA)
- Automatic Ethernet failover using second Gigabit Ethernet port as the secondary port
- Dual power supply
- Internal modem support
- USB port option allows for storage or to connect USB-based PC cards
- Preset security profiles - secure, moderate and open
- Custom security profiles
- X.509 SSH certificate support
- SSHv1 and SSHv2
- Local, RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP/AD, NIS and Kerberos authentication
- Two-factor authentication (RSA SecurID)
- One-Time Password (OTP) authentication
- Local backup user authentication support
- PAP/CHAP and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication
- Group authorization
- TACACS+, RADIUS, and LDAP
- Port Access
- Power Access
- Appliance Priviledge
- IP packet and security filtering
- User access lists per port
- System event syslog
- IPSec with NAT traversal support
- IP forwarding support
- Secure factory defaults
- Strong password enforcement
- Console Management
- Sun break-safe (Solaris Ready Certified)
- Break-over SSH support
- Offline data buffering - local or remote (NFS/Syslog)
- Level-based syslog filters
- Timestamp and rotations for data buffering
- Multiple simultaneous sessions
- Simultaneous access on the same port (port sniffing) with ability to toggle
- Configurable event notification (email, pager, SNMP trap)
- Customizable, global time zone support
- Multiple and customizable user levels of access
- Port Access
- Directly by server name or device name
- CLI Command
- Simultaneous Telnet and SSH access
- System Management
- Configuration wizard in Web for first-time users
- Auto discovery for automatic deployment
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Web management interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Internal temperature sensor
- Cabling - CAT 5 compatible adapters for simpler cabling
- Upgrades available on FTP site, no charge
- TFTP support for network boot
- Additional Protocols Supported
- DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment
- IPv6 support for greater deployment flexibility
- PPP for dial-up
- NTP for time server synchronization
- RFC2217 support for remote serial port access
Avocent Cyclades ACS 6000 Series Application Diagram
Avocent ACS 6000 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm)|
|Width||17.250 in. (43.82 cm.)|
|Depth||9.5 (24.1 cm)|
|Weight||6.6 lb (3.0 kg.)|
|Memory||128 MB NAND flash (embedded ICs on Motherboard) |
256 MB DDR-2 (embedded ICs on Motherboard)
|Interfaces||2 Gigabit (10/100/1000BT) Ethernet interfaces on RJ45 |
1 RS-232 serial console port on RJ45
1 AUX RS232 port on RJ45 OR internal Modem V.92 port on RJ45 (RJ11 compatible)
RS232 console ports on RJ45
1 USB 2.0 Host on Type A connector
2 PC Card / CardBus with ejector (dual Type II or single Type III)
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)|
|Humidity||20% to 80% noncondensing|
|Power||Internal 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz |
Optional -48 VDC power supply
Optional dual entry, redundant AC and DC power supplies
|Power Usage||Nominal voltage 120VAC: |
Typical 0.17A, 20W
Maximum 0.25A, 30W
Nominal voltage 230VAC:
Typical 0.1A, 23W
Maximum 0.15A, 35W
Nominal voltage -48VDC (20% tolerance)
|PC Card Slots Supporting||Internal 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz |
Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic), wireless LAN (GSM, GPRS, CDMA, UMTS, Fiber and Memory Cards), V.92 modems, compact flash, IDE drive
|Certifications||Emissions and Immunity:* FCC Class A, * CE Class A (EU), * ICES-003 (Canada), * VCCI (Japan), * C-Tick (Australia), * A-Tick |
Safety: * UL (USA), * cUL (Canada), * EN-60950 (EU), * CB NEBS by Design**
* Only specific models are certified to the above certifications.
** NEBS level 3 compliant design
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Avocent ACS 6000 Advanced Console Servers are designed to connect via CAT5 to the RS-232 console ports of target devices using an appropriate adapter. No dongles are used with the ACS6048MDAC-001.
This product does not work with HP iLO per se, but rather in parallel.
Question: What is the longest length of cable allowed when connecting to the Eth1 port, console port, or any other port on the ACS 6048 before a converter is needed.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Maximum cable lengths are dependent on a number of factors including cable type, and electrical noise/interference. In general each port will follow the maximum length for that type of interface. For instance, using CAT5e cable the max length per segment is around 100 meters for an Ethernet connection. For the console ports, maximum distances will follow the RS232 specification and will depend on the data rate. Avocent specifies that the serial cable should be no longer as 30m for baud rates below 38400 and no longer than 10m for baud rate 38400 and higher.
Question: Is this product available New Retail to be shipped immediately?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This product ships as a new unit.
For the most up-to-date availability information, please contact a KVM Switches Online representative directly at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature.
Question: I'm assuming this provides POE. If so, would this be able to power my Arecont camera requiring 9watts?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not believe this unit will supply power to an IP camera over CAT5. The majority of the RJ-45 ports are actually serial ports rather than Ethernet ports. There are two Ethernet ports, but those are available for connecting to the network rather than connecting to a device.
Question: Pin order of the RJ-45 serial port connector?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
See below for the default pinout, and the optional CISCO pinout (the CISCO pinout is disabled by default - an admin must enable the Cisco pinout for the port):
|ACS Console Server Serial Port Pinout|
|Pin No.||Signal Name||Input/Output|
|Cisco Serial Port Pinout|
|Pin No.||Signal Name||Input/Output|
Question: How much will approximately the whole package weight be including 100 Ethernet patch cable leads 0.5 m if I order it to France ? (4 kg?)
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The shipping weight for ACS6048MDAC-G2 is around 11 lbs (5 kg). A single patch cables could way say i.e. 2oz, but shipping weight would depend on packaging of each cable, and how they bundle the cables together..