4-Port USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort MST KVMP Switch (Cables included)
The ATEN CS1924 4-Port USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort KVMP Switch provides the latest innovations in desktop KVM switching technology for the increasing demand of higher video quality and transfer speeds on modern computers. The ATEN CS1924 offers an unprecedented performance of delivering 4K resolution, the next generation USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer rates and enhanced user-friendly operations.
As a KVM switch, the CS1924 allows users to access four DisplayPort computers from a single USB keyboard, USB mouse and monitor console. Doing so with ease, the CS1924 provides three convenient switching methods - using front panel pushbuttons, mouse, or hotkeys for flexible access to any computer connected to the installation.
The unique independent switching feature allows the KVM control to focus on one computer while the USB peripheral focus is on another computer. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate USB hub or stand-alone peripheral sharer - such as a print server, modem splitter, etc.
With its rich feature set, the CS1924 is designed to surpass all requirements in graphic design, animation, and video-editing applications. Such as CAD/CAM (computer aided design/manufacturing). The CS1924 allows you to share the audio from each of the connected computers. HD audio transmitted by DisplayPort would offer you a different experience.
Versatile 4K @ 60Hz DisplayPort KVM Switch with MST Support
- 4-port DisplayPort KVMP Switch with USB 3.1 Gen1 hub and 2.1 surround sound audio
- One USB console controls 4 computers and 2 USB peripherals
- Supports MST Mode, Splitter Mode, and Single Port Mode.
- 2-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer speeds
- Multi-Stream Transport (MST) allows multiple monitors through a single DisplayPort connector*
- DisplayPort Dual-Mode (DP++) technology supports HDMI and DVI signals via a DisplayPort-to-HDMI/DVI DP++ adapter **
- Firmware upgradeable
Hot pluggable- add or remove computers without powering down the switch
Remarkable Audio/Video Experience
- Superior video quality - 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz) and 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz)
- DisplayPort 1.2 compliant, HDCP compliant
- Supports HD audio through DisplayPort ***
- Full bass response for high-quality 2.1 channel surround sound systems
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and mouse ****
- Independent switching of KVM, USB hub, and Audio focus
- Power On Detection - if a computer is powered off, the CS1924 automatically switches to the next powered-on computer
- Auto Scan Mode for monitoring all computers
- Keyboard emulation/bypass feature supports most gaming keyboards
- Mouse emulation/bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Multi-platform support - Windows,
- Mac keyboard support and emulation*****
- Multilingual keyboard mapping supports English, Japanese, French and German keyboards
* MST requires two monitors capable of DisplayPort 1.2 daisy-chaining, or use of a DisplayPort MST Hub. The PC source must be DisplayPort 1.2 compliant. A DisplayPort v1.1a display can be the last display in a DisplayPort v1.2 chain.
** DisplayPort Dual-Mode technology (DP++) does not require an active adapter for most single display setups.
Active DisplayPort adapters are recommended if you are unsure of the video source's DP++ compatibility.
*** HD audio through DisplayPort cannot be switched independently.
**** Mouse port switching is only supported under mouse emulation mode with a USB 3-button mouse wheel.
***** PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac keyboards. Mac keyboards only work with their own operating system.
CS1924 Package Contents
- (1) 4-Port USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort KVMP Switch
- (4) DisplayPort 1.2 Cables (1.5m/5ft)
- (4) USB Cables (USB 3.0-A to USB 3.0-B; 1.8m/6ft)
- (8) Audio Cables (1.8m/6ft)
- (1) Power Adapter
- (1) User Instructions
Aten CS1924 Specifications
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||10.63 x 3.46 x 2.19 in. |
(27.00 x 8.80 x 5.55 cmm)
|Weight||2 lb ( 0.91 kg )|
|Port Selection||Hotkey, 4 x Pushbutton, Mouse|
|Computer Connections||4 Ports|
|Console Ports||2 x USB Type A Female (Black)|
1 x DisplayPort 1.2 Female (Black)
2 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green; 1 x front, 1 x rear)
2 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Pink; 1 x front, 1 x rear)
|KVM (Computer) Ports||4 x USB3.1 Gen1 Type B Female (Blue)|
4 x DisplayPort 1.2 Female (Black)
4 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green)
4 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Pink)
|USB Hub||2 x USB 3.1 (Gen1) Type A Female (blue; 1 x front panel; 1 x rear panel)|
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|On Line /Selected||4 (Orange)|
|USB Link||4 (Green)|
|Keyboard / Mouse||USB|
|Max Resolution||4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz|
|Scan Interval||1-99 Seconds (Default: 5 sec.)|
|Power Consumption||DC 5.0V; 14.2W|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non-condensing|
|Note||For some of rack mount products, please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format.|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Local DisplayPort-based KVM switches (DP in and out), like this Aten CS1924, typically don't currently really feature EDID video emulation that we are aware of. This is because DisplayPort is technically a data-type cable instead of a video-type, and device vendors often implement the standard differently. That being said, we do offer some DisplayPort-to-HDMI KVM Switches that do support emulation to the display, like the similar SmartAVI D2H-4P.
Alternatively, KVMs based on other video standards, such as HDMI-based KVM Switches, commonly feature EDID emulation.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!