The Dominion KX2-116 is a KVM over IP switch with 16 KVM ports, 1 remote user ports and 1 local user port for connection at a server rack. The Raritan Dominion KX II family of KVM switches are enterprise, secure KVM-over-IP switches which provide remote BIOS-level control. Raritan's Universal Virtual Media (standard on all models) lets administrators perform tasks such as installing software, transferring files and backing up data. These IP switches also feature Raritan's Virtual KVM Desktop. This feature allows users to scale a target server's display to any size, from thumbnails to full screen video.
The Dominion KX II consists of the KVM over IP switch and Computer Interface Modules (CIMs). Each CIM connects to the server's KVM ports and converts video signals for transmission of up to 150 feet over UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling.
Note: The D2CIM-VUSB CIM is required for Virtual Media.
Raritan Dominion KX II Features:
- Offers capabilities for remote access, plus simultaneous local access for controlling servers at the rack
- Remote users easily access Dominion KX II from Windows, Linux, Sun, or Mac desktops via a wide range of Web browsers or standalone client via modem
- Digital video support (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort) for a wide range of dual video cards, PC's, workstations, and servers
- CIM options that support simultaneous analog and digital video technologies, eliminates the need for expensive and unreliable adapters
- Provides entire feature set out of the box: Virtual Media, AES encryption, dual power supplies and dual gigibit Ethernet ports with failover, SNMP, Syslog, as well as integration with LDAP, Radius and Active Directory Authentication
- Easy installation - plug-and-play appliance
- Hot-swap functionality allows users to add, relocate and swap components without disruption
- Platform independent - CIMs available for PS/2, USB, USB with Virtual Media, Sun and Sun USB
- External modem for emergency
- Flash firmware upgradeable
Raritan Dominion DKX2-116 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (44 mm.)|
|Width||17.3 in. (439 mm.)|
|Depth||11.4 in. (290 mm.)|
|Weight||8.65 lbs. (3.9 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1U, rackmount brackets included|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Humidity||20% - 85% RH|
|Supply||Dual power 100V/240V, 50/60Hz, 0.6A|
|Network||Dual 10/100/1000 gigbit Ethernet access|
|Modem port||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||Mini-DIN6(F) PS/2 and USB (F), 1 USB front, 3 USB rear|
|Sample Video Resolutions|
|PC Text Mode||640x350, 640x480, 720x400|
|PC Graphic Mode||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1080|
|Sun Video Mode||1024x768, 1152x900, 1280x1024|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry.
According to Raritan, yes, the DKX2 KVMs can be cascaded. "To physically connect multiple KX II devices together for consolidated local access, you can connect the local ports of multiple "tiered" (or "cascaded") KX II switches to a "base" KX II using the "tiering" feature of the KX II."
More information about the cascading aspect of the DKX2 switches can be found on the FAQ tab of this page http://www.raritan.com/products/kvm-over-ip/dominion-kx-ii/, under the "Local Port Consolidation, Tiering and Cascading" heading.
Question: Do you have a product similar to DKX2-116 that supports resolution higher than 1600x1200? One of my customers need support for 1920x1080 over IP.
Answer: Look no further! The DKX2-116 will support the 1920x1080 resolution you require. The Dominion KX II is the first and only KVM-over-IP switch to support full High Definition (HD) remote video resolution - 1920x1080. To reach this resolution, it does require a specialized dongle however. The D2CIM-DVUSB series are required to accomplish this: