The Avocent ECS19PWRUSB is a 1U 19" LCD Tray that supports either a USB or PS/2 trackball and keyboard, and includes a mounting kit consisting of two outer rails with front and rear brackets attached, one railalignment spacer, one IEC connector power cable and related connector hardware. The Avocent 1U-high LCD Console Tray-only series provide convenient, direct at-the-rack access to KVM switches in enterprise data centers and SMB server rooms.
Avocent ECS19PWRUSB Features & Benefits:
- USB 2.0 Pass Through - Convenient front-of-the-rack media connection
- High-Quality19-inch LCD (1280x1024) - Reliability reduces downtime
- Keyboard with Integrated Pointing Device - Easy to install and access
- Form Factor: The Avocent LCD Console Trays are easy to access and their 1U slide-in design does not compete for valuable rack space
- KVM Compatibility: The design is compatible with most Avocent 1U KVM switches to support new and legacy installations*
- OSD: On-Screen Display in multiple languages
- Mouse Option: Models supporting touch pad or trackball are available
- At-the-Rack Access: Provides convenient access and control to PCs and servers
Avocent ECS17KMM USB Pass Through
Avocent ECS19PWRUSB Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.4 cm)|
|Width||17.38 in. (44.1 cm)|
|Depth||22 in. (55.9 cm)|
|Weight||35 lbs (15.88 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 122° F |
(0° to 50° C)
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 140° F |
(-20° to 60° C)
|Operating Voltage||AC 100 - 240V|
|Keyboard and Mouse Connector||PS/2 or USB|
|LCD Color||16.7 M True Colors|
|Approved Agency||RoHs, UL, Ulc, CB, CE, FCC/EMI, GOST, VCCI, CTICK, GS-Innova|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the tech spec information provided by Avocent for this unit, it should support PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections. Unfortunitly, we cannot find any images of the back of the unit to know whether an adapter is used to accomplish the connection. The quick instalation guide does not make any mention of an adapter, however, and only states to connect the video, keyboard and mouse connectors to either a server or switch in the rack cabinet.
Question: I would like to connect a Longview 830 (PS/2 to the USB version of this product. Are there approved adapters for doing this?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, converting USB to PS/2 for the Longview 830 is not supported by Avocent and is explicitly stated as a potential problem in this Avocent support community thread: https://community.emerson.com/networkpower/support/avocent/desktop/longview/w/wiki/1414.i-have-no-keyboard-or-mouse-control-at-the-reciever-of-my-lv830-lv430.aspx.
To accomplish this (if it is even possible), you would likely need some form of active converter to change the USB signal into something that the PS/2 port could understand. At any rate, we could not guarantee any type of conversion would work.