The Minicom by Tripplite SmartRack 116 IP extends your KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) from any computer or server over TCP/IP via LAN, WAN or Internet connection. You can control, monitor and manage up to 16 remote servers from wherever you are, inside or outside the organization. The SmartRack 116 IP is a cost-effective hardware solution, for secure remote KVM access & control of 16 computers/servers from the BIOS level - independent of the OS. One local analog or one remote digital IP user can access and control 16 multi-platforms (PS/2, USB) servers at a time.
Minicom by Tripplite 0SU70050 Features & Benefits:
- Space saving- When every U counts and every cable counts. Use only one U for the KVM drawer and the KVM switch.
- Cost saving- Save on total cost of ownership of your server room by freeing up more U space for servers or devices.
- CAT5 technology- Eliminate cable clutter at the rack. Use standard UTP or FTP cables.
- Extended distance- Distance between computers & drawer can be up to 30m/98 feet.
- Multi-platform- Supports PS/2, SUN and USB servers.
- Flexibility- Use CAT5 cabling to customize your server room.
- Multi-layer security through OSD- Three levels of security ensure only authorized users can control or access the system. 128-bit SSL protocol guards and protects your corporate data to efficiently prevent hacking and security breaches.
- Flash upgrade- Field firmware upgrade for the switches and ROC's.
- Scalability- Upgrade from local to remote access as you grow. Add just one ROC per new server/computer.
Minicom by Tripplite SmartRack 116 IP Application Diagram
The SmartRack 116 IP package includes:
- SmartRack 116 drawer
- SmartRack 116 IP switch
- User Guide
- Power cord
- RS-232 upgrade cable
Note: The ROC you require depends on your system and must be ordered separately.
Minicom by Tripplite 0SU70050 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (44 mm.)|
|Width||18.5 in. (470.1 mm.)|
|Depth||17.6 in. (447.5 mm.)|
|Operating Temperature||0° - 40° degree C/32° -104°F|
|Storage Temperature||20° - 40° degree C/-4° - 104°F|
|Input||100-240 VAC input|
|Panel Type||Active Matrix TFT LCD|
|Resolution Capabilities||Maximum Resolution up to 1280X1024|
|Pixel Pitch||Supports 0.264mm|
|Viewing Angle||Right-Left view 60° - 70° |
Up-Down view 45° - 60°
|Back Light||Four Lamps|
|Supported Colors||16.7M Colors|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Unix and all other major operating systems|
|Multi Platform||Supports PS/2, SUN and USB via ROC|
|Number of Ports||16|
|System Cables||CAT5 FTP or UTP 2x4x24 AWG solid wire|
|Response Time||Rising time 2-6ms Delay time 14-24ms|
|Keyboard/Mouse||106 key PS/2 keyboard with touch pad mouse|
|Computer to Switch Distance||Up to 30m/100ft|
Answer: Unfortunately, a dongle is required for each of the servers you will be connecting to this switch. Everything is already integrated into the drawer, so a separate software would not be required to purchase.
Depending on the scope of the project, discount pricing may be available. Please give us call at 1-877-586-6654 to discuss your project.