The AdderView CATx Series AVX4016 is a secure, KVM via CATx switch that provides 4 concurrent local, remote users with BIOS-level control of up to 16 multiplatform servers. A "plug-and-play", 1U appliance, the AdderView AVX4016 is a completely self-contained system that installs in minutes combining high security, flexibility, integrated remote power control, faultless quality video and optional CD quality audio.
- 16 CATx computer connections, 4 simultaneous users (1x local PS/2 or USB, 4 x remote over CATx)
- Exceptionally high video performance to local (1900 x 1440), and remote (1600 x 1200) users
- True multi-platform support
- Flash upgradeable CIMs available for PS/2, USB and Legacy Sun keyboard and mouse support with optional audio
- Country code reporting
- DDC and keyboard and mouse emulation
- PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse control
- Expand using CATx cascade connections with simple user intuitive set up
- Optional CD quality audio when using correct Computer Interface Module (CIM)
- Power control functions supported via dedicated serial port
- Enterprise grade security (using AES 128 bit encryption and RSA 2048 bit public key authentication)
- Global users (IP version only - AVX4016IP) can chose between HTTP or RealVNC for highly secure connections and high performance.
See Detailed Layout
Adder AVX4016 Features
Integrated CATx extenders (4 Remote Users)
The AdderView AVX4016 can be controlled by four users from up to 985ft (300m) away over CATx cable using the AdderLink X200 or X100 receiver and the integrated CATx extender.
Faultless video quality
The AdderView CATx 4000 provides exceptionally high video performance to local, and remote extended users alike, supporting up to 1900x1440 resolutions (1600x1200 on remote links) with DDC emulation which is further enhanced by DC balancing to ensure full and true color.
Computer Access Modules for any application
Flash upgradeable CAMs are available for VGA and DisplayPort video + PS/2, USB and Sun keyboard and mouse support with optional audio. KVM communication from switch to target devices can be up to 50m (164ft).
User access & management
One local user and four extended remote user can control up to 16 multi-platform servers simultaneously. Up to 16 different user profiles can be stored with access rights for each user defined.
The AdderView CATx 4000 switches support any computer platforms with PS/2, USB and Sun keyboard and mouse interfaces. Country code reporting, DDC and continuous keyboard and mouse emulation ensure faultless operation.
Optional CD quality audio
AdderView CATx 4000 switches support CD quality 44.1kHz digital stereo audio when optional audio enabled CAM modules are used.
Channel selection options
The AdderView AVX4016 can be switched using selectable keyboard hotkeys, an on-screen-display (OSD), 3 button mice, or with ASCII codes via serial RS233. These switching options allow you to rapidly reassign connected devices to any of the connected computers.
For mission critical applications, CatX 4000 series now supports dual power inlets (Dual-AC). If one source fails, the AVX4016 will switch sources to the other power supply, so as not to interrupt normal use of the connected servers.
Serial RS232 port for control, synchronization and upgrade
- Remotely switched using simple ASCII codes
- Integration with RS232 controlled power switches to provide a complete hard reboot function
- Sync with other CATx 4000 switches for multi-video applications
- Upload/download user and host information
- Flash upgrade
Easy Expansion (Cascading Units)
Expand simply by using just CATx cable to link units. The AdderView automatically detects cascade connections to support up to 512 computers.
1U rack mount / rack drawers
One CATx 4000 switch can be mounted in 1U of rack height giving a maximum of 16 ports per 1U (rack brackets included). Small size also makes the units ideal for mounting behind KVM rack drawers.
AVX4016-USA Package Contents
- (1) AVX4016 KVM Switch
- (2) 1U, 19" rackmount brackets and (4) screws
- (1) Serial upgrade cable
- (1) Power adapter (30W) and US-specific power lead
- (1) Quick start guide and Safety document
- (4) Self-adhesive rubber feet
- (1) 2-Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime World Class Support
Adder AVX4016 Specifications
|Height ||1.8 in. (45 mm.)|
|Width ||19 in.(482 mm.)|
|Depth||8.5 in. (280 mm.)|
|Operating Temperature||O°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F|
|IEC style power lead||100 - 240V AC, 50-60Hz|
|Redundant via 2.5mm DC jack||5V DC, 4A|
|Local KVM console connection|| |
|Keyboard/Mouse||MiniDin6 / USB type A|
|Audio||3.5mm stereo jack|
|Computer and remote CATx user connections||All RJ45 style|
|Other connectors|| |
|DB9 Female||flash upgrade, syncing boxes and other special functions|
|DB9 Male||RS232 triggered power switches|
|Hardware compatibility||Supports PC, Sun (USB & 8-pin styles), Mac (USB), RS/6000, Alpha and SGI computers using PS/2, USB or Sun computer interface modules. |
|Software compatibility||Operates with all known software and operating systems including Windows (all); DOS; Linux, Unix, BSD; all Sun OS; all Mac OS; NetWare.|
AVX4016 is also known as the AVX4016-US and AVX4016-USA.
Question: We received two shipments to our location and when viewing the items I found that they don't have a manufacturer year. Where would I go to get this information.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Adder does not list the manufacturing year on the product labels. However, if you can provide them with the serial numbers of your products, they can look them up for you.
You can contact Adder support directly at: http://www.adder.com/support
Question: What is the maximum screen resolution this KVM supports?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer, this KVM will support resolutions up to 1900x1440.
Question: How many monitors can I connect to this device?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This device supports a single monitor connection.
Question: Is there a way to daisy chain these together to increase the nuumber of Users from 4 to 8?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not believe you can cascade this device to add additional users.
Depending on your particular needs, you might be interested in taking a look at the Adder DDX30 KVM matrix system (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ddx30-us.html
), which will support 7 or more users.
If you would like, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online representative directly at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.