Avocent HMX5100T is a Transmitter (TX) for the HMX 5000 series featuring single-link DVI-D, USB, Audio (3.5mm in/out), RS232 (9-pin-D-type), 8pp8c (Ethernet over twisted pair), and SFP ports.
The Avocent HMX 5000 Series is a high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extender that forms part of the matrix solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
Truly unlimited extension distances
Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length - If you need to extend further, simply add a 1GbE network device to achieve an additional 100 meters. The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
Single CATx cable or fiber that prevents interference
This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
The optional Avocent HMX Advanced Manager (HMXAMGR24-001) is a control suite which transforms extenders into a digital matrix solution. Using standard IP infrastructure it is possible to route any user station to any computer attached to the network without any compromises to video quality or control. It allows cooperative sharing of computers and the multicasting of video to any destination.
Real time control with perfect digital video
Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digital video you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
- USB 2.0 with Class Control - Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.
- EDID Management - Intelligent EDID management allows the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer. This ensures perfect video display without the additional configuration.
- Plug and Play - These devices are delivered in a zero config state so you can plug them in and start working on them straight away. There is no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- Redundant Network Operation - The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.
- Ideal for Control Rooms
- Plug and play
- 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
- 500m to 10km over fiber
- Single link or single head configuration
- 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz maximum resolution
- USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch
- Screen mass storage
- Redundant network operation
Multi-Point Extension Application Diagram
Multi-Point KVM-Over-IP Application Diagram (w/ optional HMX Manager)
- Application for 6000 series
- Hardware Compatibility - All computers with DVI-D, USB, Audio, RS232 - requirement dependent.
- DVI-D - Digital Visual Interface (digital only) - The system supports a Single Link DVI-D resolution to a maximum of 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- USB 2.0 with Class Control - Supports USB 2.0 devices (low, full and high speed). Security feature allows the blocking of non HID devices. Isochronous devices are not supported (e.g. USB audio or video devices).
- Digital Stereo Audio - The system transfers analog stereo audio (Line In/Line Out) via digital signaling between any transmitter/receiver pair. Additionally, the audio output of any transmitter can be multicast to many receivers.
- RS232 - RS232 can be passed between the units to a maximum baud rate of 115,200. RS232 is a point to point connection technology and cannot be multicast.
- Software Compatibility - All known operating systems (except Sun BIOS access).
- Computer Connections Transmitter (TX) - 1 x DVI-D, audio 3.5mm in, audio 3.5mm out, USB type B, RS232 9-pin D-type 1 x 8p8c and 1 x SFP
- Physical Design - 1U compact case, robust metal construction. 198mm/7.92" (w), 44mm/1.76" (h), 150mm/6.0" (d), 1.1kg/2.7lbs.
- Power - 2.5mm DC jack (power adapter included),100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 0.8A, input to power adapter. 5VDC 20W output from power adapter.
- Operating Temperature - 0 to 40°C / 32 to 104°F.
- Approvals - CE, FCC.
|HMX5100T||HMX TX single DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMX5100R||HMX RX single DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMX5200T||HMX TX dual DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMX5200R||HMX RX dual DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP|
|HMXAMGR24-001||Add up to 24 end point KVM-Over-IP Compatibility|
|PSC0005||Power Supply HMX 5000/6000 TX/RX|
|LC-MM-SFP||SFP Multi Mode Fiber Module LC|
|LC-SM-SFP||SFP Multi Single Fiber Module LC|
|RJ45-CATX-SFP||1000BASE-T Copper SFP Transceiver|
|RMK-97||19in Rackmount kit for 2 HMX 5000/6000|
|RMK-82||19in Rackmount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000|
|RMK-83||19in VESA mount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The HMX extender system can be configured in a direct connect or matrix configuration. In a "direct connect" configuration (point-to-point extension configuration), one transmitter connects directly to one receiver via the system port on each unit. In an "unmanaged matrix" configuration (point-to-multipoint extension configuration), a transmitter and multiple receivers can connect directly to a Gigabit Ethernet switch. If you wish to add more transmitters to your system to create a multi-point matrix, the HMX Advanced Manager server must be added to the system to manage your matrix configuration.
For more information on setting up the HMX system, see the Avocent HMX Advanced Manager Software Installer/User Guide.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!