Dataprobe iBoot G2S Remote Reboot Power with 2 Port Network Switch
The Dataprobe iBoot-G2S is a network attached, IP addressed, Web Controlled power switch. Anyone with a web browser can access iBoot-G2S to perform power On, Off or Reboot (timed power shutdown). The iBoot-G2S is the offers the same functionality as the iBoot-G2+ except with the addition of a integrated 2-Port 10/100 Network Switch.
- Web Controlled Power Switch
- Integrated 10/100 Network Switch
- AutoPing and HeartBeat - Auto Reboot
- Cloud Service - Manage from Anywhere
- UL Listed for Safety and Reliability
Pays for Itself with the First Service Call Saved
Don't let the cost of downtime keep you from meeting your service and revenue expectations. Keep your critical systems running without expensive service calls. Use low-cost remote power control to automatically reboot failed devices and get up and running in the most cost effective way possible.
iBoot-G2S will save you time and money by reducing costly downtime. Just point your browser to the iBoot-G2S, login and you are one click away from bringing that failed system back to life. iBoot-G2S will even detect failed systems and take immediate action.
Remote Reboot via Web Browser
iBoot Cloud Service - Power Control Wherever you Are
iBoot Cloud Service (iBCS) allows customers with iBoot-G2S to access and control multiple iBoots in multiple locations from a single portal with a single sign-on.
iBCS will not only make using iBoots easier, by consolidating all units into one sign-on and interface, it will also enhance the number of situations where iBoot can be deployed.
- Customers with Dynamic IP addressing to always be able to access their iBoot from any location.
- Service providers manage multiple customer accounts with diverse security configurations.
- Customers that are not allow in-bound connections to access their iBoots.
Integrated 2 Port Network Switch
Automatic Downtime Reboot
iBoot-G2S automatically monitors and protects your network. AutoPing continuously tests your connectivity to the internet or to any device on your network. When the network is down, or the device stops functioning, iBoot-G2S reboots the failed system to get you back on-line fast.
You have complete control of the AutoPing parameters, setting the frequency of the tests, the number of tests required to take action, and what action is to be taken when the failure is detected. Perfect for:
- Cable Modems
- Web Cams
The Heartbeat Function provides a deeper inspection of Windows based PCs and Servers. A service app is installed and continuously notifies the iBoot-G2S that all is well. When the heartbeat stops, the iBoot-G2S springs into action to do 'Computer CPR' to get the system back on-line.
The iBoot-G2S can furthermore attempt a graceful shutdown or restart of the server to forestall a hard power cycle of shutdown.
iBoot-G2S Expansion to three outlets
iBoot-G2S is expandable with low cost satellite units to provide independent control of up to three outlets, with separate AutoPing monitoring as needed. If not used with the expansion units, the ports on the iBoot-G2S can be used as General Purpose I/O or as manual override control for the power outlets.
Order 1 or 2 iBoot-EXP Expansion Units
Expansion I/O Ports
The iBoot-G2S features 2 Expansion-I/O ports that can be used in a variety of ways:
- Expansion to independent control of three outlets
- General Purpose I/O independently monitored and controlled
- Heartbeat Monitor
- USB Port for direct PC communication for Serial Command Line Interface Access
- Manual Switch triggers for the Mains Outlet*
- Graceful Shutdown*
- SNMP Management*
*Scheduled Features for 2011 Firmware upgrades
- Web Browser Power Control: Clean Web page design for immediate status and power control. Auto detects mobile browsers. No special software required.
- Built-In 2 Port 10/100 Network Switch: Eliminate extra cable runs and make installation a snap. Add iBoot-G2S to an existing Kiosk or Sign Install without having to add an additional switch and power supply.
- Automatic System Restoral: AutoPing and Heartbeat detect network or equipment outage and takes immediate action to restore your network or device. Real time scheduling to have a fresh reboot each morning or minimize power waste at night.
- Cloud Control: Manage all your iBoots from a single sign-on. Control power worldwide from any web browser, anytime anywhere.
- Graceful Shutdown: Attempts to do a Graceful Shutdown or Restart on Windows platforms prior to hard power switch.
- Expandable: Add one or two iBoot-EXP expansion units with independent control, and AutoPing. When not used for expansion units, the inputs and outputs can be used for general purpose I/O or as manual power control
- USB Port: Out-of-band management with simple serial commands for status, control and setup.
- UL Listed: We take your safety seriously. Be confident to pass fire marshal inspections.
- Dual Password Protected: Separate user and administrator passwords. Deploy iBoot-G2S's throughout your organization.
- IP Addressed, 10/100 Base-T: Use on any Ethernet IP network. Public or private. Supports DHCP and alternate ports for Web Access.
- Direct TCP and Software Control: Control iBoot-G2S directly from your software application for the highest degree of power control integration. Simple protocol is freely available. Use iBoot-G2S control program to call power control from any network management system. IPSentry What'sUp Gold, etc.
- 110/220 VAC Operation: Auto ranging power input. Deploy iBoot-G2S anywhere in the world. iBoot-G2S uses IEC320 Connectors and includes line and extension cords for North America.
- 12 Amp Switching: Current for most Servers, Routers, Kiosks, etc. 10 Amps at 220 VAC.
Dataprobe iBoot-G2S Specifications
|Power||105 - 240 VAC Auto Ranging|
|Power Switching||12 Amps at 105-125 VAC,|
10 Amps at 210-240 VAC
|Power Connectors||Power Inlet: IEC 320 C13 Plug.|
Line cord for North America Included.
16AWGX3C x 6'/2m
Power Out: IEC 320 C14 Receptacle.
Extension Cord for N. America Included.
16AWGX3C x 2'/60cm
|Network||Dual 10/100base-T, Auto sensing Uplink/Downlink|
Cat 5 Cable Included 6'/2m longUSB Mini-B Com Port 9600 8 N 1
|Protocols||IP Addressable. DHCP or Static|
HTTP Web Server built-in, Port Assignable
Telnet Server built-in, Port Assignable
DxP Messaging Protocol, Port Assignable
Auto-Ping TCP Protocol
Heartbeat Detector Protocol
Two Inputs, Two Outputs, Screw Terminal Connections:
|Browser||Form Processing Browser Required|
Mozilla 3.0 or IE 3.0 or greater
|Security||Dual Password Protected, User and Admin|
|Physical||H x W x D: 2.0" x 3.2" x 4.2" (60mm x 82mm x 107mm)|
Operating Temperature 0 to 50 Deg. C
|Reliability||MTBF 320,000 Hours|
Operating Cycles 10,000,000 Mechanical. 100,000 at Maximum Load
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The iBoot-G2S can be used to control three outlets by linking (2) iBoot-Exp expansion units to the two Expansion Ports, 'Exp1' and 'Exp2', on the iBoot-G2S.
What you Need
(1) iBoot-G2S - this unit
(2) Screw terminal cables - included for free with iBoot-EXP units
Connecting to iBoot-Exp
iBoot-Exp expansion units are shipped with a cable for easy connection to the iBoot-G2S. Maximum cable
length is 1000 ft (305 m) using 22 AWG wire.
Connections to the iBoot-Exp are made using screw terminal blocks. The screw terminal blocks are on
removable connectors for easy cable fabrication.
NOTE, Make sure screw terminals are tightened securely and that there are no loose strands of cable, or excessive
For further information on setting up the iBoot-G2S, please refer to the DataProbe iBoot-G2S Manual (PDF).