Raritan Paragon II
Paragon II is defining the next generation of KVM and will give you the power to access and control servers and other network devices anytime, anywhere. As the industry's best stackable Cat5 KVM solution, Paragon II will give you seamless access and control to multiple platforms, operating systems and connections.
With Paragon II, you can stack up to 128 ports per switch and add up to 10,000 ports via multi-dimensional expansion. Building upon the proven analog KVM switching technologies of Raritan's original Paragon, it has superior KVM switch technology that dramatically reduces equipment costs and optimizes space utilization.
Innovative Modular Architecture
The main switching unit is a secure, intelligent, non-blocked control unit that connects users to servers. Its stackable architecture provides the industry's highest port density.
Paragon II also offers a stacking unit, which is a cost-effective, space-saving expansion unit that allows you to easily add up to 128 non-blocked ports per switch with 90% less cable than cascading. Stacking units are compatible with Paragon II models UMT832 M and UMT1664M.
Stacking Unit Benefits
The stacking units reduce the burden of multiple cables between tiers, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by more than 30% and save one-third of rack space and HVAC resources.
The Raritan Paragon UMT832 is the perfect solution for small and mid-sized server rooms that need a superior KVM switch at an entry-level price. Designed for two users, it has 42 server ports.
The UMT832 controls functions across the following modular intelligent components:
Main Switching Unit: A secure, intelligent, non-blocked control unit that connects users to servers.
User Station: Designed to fit conveniently under the user's monitor, it includes an intuitive on-screen user interface for easy access to attached servers. Connects to USB, Sun and PS/2.
New User Station with Integrated IP Access: Includes KVM over IP capability for anytime, anywhere access and control with a slim design and GUI for point and click remote access.
Computer Interface Modules (CIMs): Provide "keep-alive" keyboard/mouse emulation at the server. Just plug the CIM into the server's keyboard, monitor and mouse ports and connect it to Paragon II with a single Cat5 cable.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful BIOS-level access and full keyboard and mouse control of Windows, SUN and USB servers
- High performance analog switching provides extremely high video quality
- Stacking allows expansion of each switch to attach up to 128 devices per switch with a single cable.
- Simplifies cabling between tiers by replacing pass through cables with a single expansion cable saving up to 32 cables per switch.
- Stacking allows a reduction in the number of units deployed by 33% saving initial costs, rack space and HVAC costs.
- Highly scaleable architecture allows for connection of up to 10,000 attached devices in a single logical deployment.
- Leverages Raritans Cat5 simplicity technology allowing any standard UTP cables to be used
- Optional IP Access extends the typical distance between Paragon components allowing users access from anywhere
- Provides a single, consolidated view and control of Raritan Remote Power Control Units connected to Paragon II
- GUI software simplifies management and monitoring of data center by consolidating administration of attached equipment.
- Supports firmware upgrading and completions of installs over the network saving time and money.
- Allows connection of multiple disparate servers such as Windows, SUN, Compaq, HP and UNIX-based servers. Also allows serial devices to be connected via Raritans AUATC adaptors.
- Backward compatible with existing Paragon equipment
- Very small form-factor saves expensive rack space and minimizes electrical consumption by lowering HVAC provisioning needs.
- Integrated power supply ensures proper power provision and system reliability.
Paragon 2 Hot Key Sequences
|Default HotKey, Bring up OSD||[Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock]|
|Edit Name and Scan Menu||[F3]|
|Update Channel Status||[F8]|
|Quits Current Menu/OSD||[ESC]|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
You can stack/cascade the UMT1664M unit with a P2‐UMT1664S stacking unit (essentially same as UMT1664M; UMT1664M was just designed as the base unit). If you later fully populate the P2‐UMT1664S, you will also be able to add a second and third tier (UMT1664M + maximum of three levels of stacking units).
You can find a quick overview for setting up the Raritan Paragon 2 series as a cascaded system starting on page 3 of this Paragon 2 Quick Start Guide (PDF), and in-depth instructions starting at page 21 of this Paragon 2 User Guide (PDF).