Raritan 17" LCD Rackmount Console with Integrated 8-Port KVM
Replaced by: Raritan MCD-LED17108
Alternative options: Contact Us
TMCAT1728 Manual (PDF)
MCCAT28 KVM Manual (PDF)
Raritan's TMCAT1728 is a KVM switch with integrated Rackmount 17 inch LCD Monitor which enables two users to control up to 8 servers simultaneously. The TMCAT1728 will provide you with the convenience of using standard UTP cabling to connect to servers directly, while an optional second user can access servers from outside the server room up to 650 feet (195m) away.
This TMCAT1728 LCD KVM switch also give you two ways to connect to servers. If the servers are all at the rack, you can use a cable from our selection of the most up-to-date e Cat5 cables and CIMs (computer interface modules) to connect to servers up to 150 feet (45m) away.
Raritan TMCAT1728 Features & Benefits:
- A grade A+ TFT display monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution
- "Lights-out" server room access, with a second user up to 650 feet (195m) away from the switch, using TMCAT17 and a user station
- 104 keys with number pad multi-language support including US English, UK English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese and Japanese
- Support for brand-new cabling options. The MCUTP cable offers server room flexible cabling lengths of 2, 6, 13 and 20 feet between the servers and TMCAT171U Rack-Mount Unit
- 1U design takes up to 85% less space than a full-size keyboard, monitor and mouse.
- 17-inch LCD Display with up to 1280 x 1024 Resolution Large display means data is clear and easy to view.
- Scalability/Cascading - Users can control up to 8 or 16 servers. With the TMCAT1728 and TMCAT17216 models, users can control up to 256 servers by cascading MCCAT two-user units.
- Side Rails with Fixed Position Feature - Stable working surface prevents unwanted drawer movement.
- Multi-Language Keyboard Support - US English, UK English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Traditional Chinese and Japanese.
- Optional second user is able to support 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz at 100 feet (30m) through the MCCAT-UST.
- MasterConsole® Computer InterfaceModule (MCIM) Technology and Multiplatform Support MCIMs with "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, remove and hotswap components without interruption to the live servers.
- MCIMs are also available in USB and PS/2 for support of various servers and devices in your data center. MCIMs support MS-DOS, Windows® 2000/2003/NT®/XP/Vista®, Linux® (Red Hat, Novell® Suse), SCO UNIX®, Macintosh® OS9, OSX and Sun® Solaris™.
- Simple Installation - Plug-and-play installation, auto-configuration along with easy-to-use, onscreen displays. With the one-man installation kit, you can easily install TMCAT17 to the rack on your own.
- Optional Second User Can Be up to 650 Feet Away from the Switch Without Degrading Video Quality
- Targets Can Be Labeled with Devices' Names - Allows easier server selection from the on-screen menu.
- Password Authentication - Support of one administrator and 127 user profiles for secure access and simple management.
- AutoScan allows users to scan servers at variable rates. AutoSkip bypasses inactive channels.
- Screen Saver - In addition to the already supported Green Mode feature, a screen saver feature is provided.
Raritan TMCAT1728's Specifications:
17.4 in. (442 mm.)
|Width||22.4 in. (570 mm.)|
|Depth||6.9 in. (44.5 mm.)|
|Weight||44 lbs. (20 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature|| |
23° to 140°F (-5° to 60° C)
|Power||AC, 110-240V, 50~60Hz, auto-switching|
|Second User Port||RJ45 x 1|
|Firmware Upgrade Port||DB9F x 1|
|Keyboard||Notebook style, multi language support. 104/106 keys with number pad.|
|Monitor Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Display Colors||16.2 million|
|Approved Agency|| |
FCC Conformity with Part 15, Subpart B, UL Listed, CE Conformity, RoHS
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Raritan TMCAT1728 is a TMCAT17 LCD console drawer with a Raritan MasterConsole MCCAT28 KVM switch integrated into 1RMU. TMCAT1728 does not include a reset button - You would reset the TMCAT1728 to default settings via the KVM switch that is integrated into to the unit. Please refer to page 57 "Resetting System Settings" of the Raritan MasterConsole KVM Switch manual below to reset to factory default settings.
Raritan MasterConsole MCCAT28 Manual / User Guide
Raritan TMCAT17 Manual / User Guide