The XTENDEX USB2-C5-LC USB 2.0 Extender extends one USB device up to 100 feet using CAT5e/6 cable. Each extender consists of a local unit that connects to a computer, and a remote unit that connects to a USB device. The local and remote units are interconnected via CAT5e/6 cable.
- Extend self-powered and/or bus-powered USB peripheral devices (security cameras, printer, scanner, keyboard, etc.).
- Extend up to 200 feet by using two CAT5e/6 cables to connect the extender to an Ethernet switch.
- The local unit connects to the Ethernet switch using a single CATx cable up to 100 feet. The remote unit extends from the Ethernet switch using a separate CATx cable up to 100 feet.
- Transparent data extension.
- Supports high-speed (150 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB devices.
- Compliant with USB 2.0 specifications.
- Supports Plug-n-Play specification.
USB 2.0 Extender via CAT5: Extend to 100 Feet
Extend out to 200 feet using a network Switch
- One male USB Type B connector.
- Compatible with PCs or laptops (Windows XP/Vista/7).
Supports 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
- One female USB Type A connector Supports high-speed (150 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB devices.
- Supports self-powered and/or bus-powered USB devices.
- USB Extender (local and remote unit)
- USB Type A to Type B male-to-male cable
- User manual
- US AC adapter
- CD with installation drivers
|Mechanical||Local Unit||Remote Unit|
|Height||.98 in. (4.0 cm.)||.91 in. (4.0 cm.)|
|Width||1.57 in. (13.2 cm.)||1.69 in. (13.2 cm.)|
|Depth||2.01 in. (10.9 cm.)||3.19 in. (10.9 cm.)|
|Power||powered by CAT5 cable from remote unit||110 or 220 VAC at 60 or 50 Hz via AC adapter.|
CATX Cable not included
|Use CAT5e/6 UTP straight through cable for TIA/EIA-568B wiring terminated with standard RJ45 connectors to extend up to 100 feet. (cable not included) |
|Extend up to 200 feet by using two CAT5e/6 cables to connect the extender to an Ethernet switch. |
(cable and switch not included)
|Regulatory Approvals:||CE, RoHS|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The USB2-C5-LC requires drivers which are only available for Window OS's. For a Windows source, once connected to computer, the USB2-C5-LC unit can be found in Device Manager under Network adapters and not as a USB controller. The device connected to the remote unit should work normally as if directly connected to the computer.
For a USB 2.0 Extender that extends USB transparently and works with virtually any OS without any drivers, you may be interested in the similar Icron Ranger 2311 instead.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!