The NTI USB-C5 CAT5 extender extends four PC/SUN USB devices up to 100 feet. The USB extenders consist of two units, the local unit and the remote unit, which are interconnected with CAT5/5e/6 cable.
- Transparent data extension.
- Compact chassis.
- Extend self-powered and/or bus-powered USB peripheral devices (security cameras, printer, scanner, keyboard, etc.).
- Compatible with USB PC, SUN computers.
- Compliant with USB 1.1 specifications.
- Supports Plug-n-Play specification.
NTI USB-C5 Local Unit Features:
- Female USB Type B connector for connecting to the CPU.
- CPU Platform Compatibility:
- SUN Blade 100, SUN Blade 1000, SUN Ray, SUN Fire 280R, and SUN Fire V20z.
- PCs with USB-enabled OS (Win 98/2000/ME/XP) and USB ports.
- PCs with USB-enabled BIOS (legacy USB support) and USB ports.
NTI USB-C5 Remote Unit Features:
- Four female USB Type A connectors.
- Supports low-speed and full-speed USB devices.
- USB 1.1 compliant.
NTI USB Cat5 Extender Diagram
- Interface Cables:
- One-meter male USB Type A to male USB Type B interface cable included
- Existing device cables with male Type A connector required.
- Extension Cable:
- Use CAT5, CAT5e or CAT6 UTP straight through cable for TIA/EIA-568B wiring terminated with standard RJ45 connectors (not included).
NTI USB-C5 Specifications:
|Mechanical||Local Unit||Remote Unit|
|Height||1.6 in. (4.0 cm.)||1.6 in. (4.0 cm.)|
|Width||5.2 in. (13.2 cm.)||5.2 in. (13.2 cm.)|
|Depth||4.3 in. (10.9 cm.)||4.3 in. (10.9 cm.)|
|Power||powered by CAT5 cable from remote unit||110 or 220 VAC at 60 or 50 Hz via AC adapter.|
|Extension Limits|| |
Extend CAT5/5e/6 up to 100 feet
Note: Use of CAT6 cable may decrease the maximum length of extension.