Fanless, small form factor, HDMI, USB and Audio Extender, KVM Switch or Matrix (Two Units with External PSU)
The Adder XDIP/P is a fanless, small form factor, HDMI, USB and Audio Extender, KVM Switch or Matrix - Two Units ("Nodes") with External PSU (no PoE).
The Adder ADDERLink XDIP is a compact, easy to install, fanless KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) matrix solution that runs on a standard IP network and enables users to extend and manage their computers with ultra-low latency, HD video and stereo audio away from the user work station, whilst maintaining the original user desktop experience. The XDIP is scalable, from simple extension to small matrix. It is very well suited to small and medium sized installations.
- Uses IP technology over standard CATx network cable
- Point-to-point, switching, sharing or small matrix operation
- 330ft (100m) point to point extender over a single CATX cable
- USB and HDMI video feed through ports at both local and remote unit
- USB 2.0 (low & full speed) for keyboard, mouse, tablet and touch screen
- Bi-directional analog audio (line in/out) with headphone support
- Power from an included external power source
- Plug and play
Adder XDIP/P Features
One solution, many uses
XDIP nodes can be configured as a simple extender, distributed KVM switch or KVM sharer or any combination up to 8 computers and 8 users (each user does not necessarily need to be connected to the same 8 computers).
The system is delivered as "Nodes" which are assigned a role on setup. They can transmit up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz resolution video stream, stereo analog audio, USB2.0 and 2 channel audio over a single CATX cable. Each node has a feed through port allowing a local user station and the remote user can switch between a local PC and the remote source
High quality video, real time controlXDIP implements low latency, high quality, 60Hz video compression to deliver an "at the computer" user experience over a standard Gigabit LAN. Every frame is sent with a minimal latency of 24ms (1½ frames at 60Hz).
CATx cable for connection
Video, USB2.0 and audio all pass along a single minimum spec of CAT5e cable allowing use of existing infrastructure cables in the building. Distance is linked to the IP standard of 100m runs with a 40% overhead for safety. Longer distances are achieved by routing through your IP infrastructure.
Feed through and local computer support
Video and USB feed through ports are available. These enable a local console at the source computer. A local computer is also supported at the user station.
The extender has an intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer or alternatively, a fixed EDID can be specified.
Plug and Play
The AdderLink XDIP extender is delivered in a zero config state so you can plug the units in and start working with them straight away. Theres no need for drivers or software to be installed. A simple wizard takes you through setup at the start of life of the product.
CD-quality analog audio
The unit delivers CD-quality stereo audio (16-bit sampling at 48kHz) is available to transfer audio between local and remote. Headphones are also supported (up to 32 Ohms impedance).
Adder XDIP/P-US Package Contents
- (2) XDIP node
- (1) 5ft HDMI Cable (VSCD15)
- (1) 6 ft. USB A to B Cable (VSC24)
- (1) 6 ft. 3.5mm Jack Audio Cable (VSC22)
- (2) 12V DC Power Supply ( PSU-IEC-12VDC-1.5A)
- (2) 6 ft US Power Cable (CAB-IEC-USA)
- (8) Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet
- (1) Quick-Start Guide + Safety Documents
- (1) 2-Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime World Class Support - Expandable up to 4 years
Adder XDIP/P Resources
Adder XDIP/P Datasheet (PDF)
Adder XDIP Brochure (PDF)
Adder XDIP/P Manual (PDF)
All XDIP-Series Models
- External PSU Models:
- XDIP-US*: Single node with US power cable, no PoE
- XDIP-PSU-US: Single node with 12V PSU and US power cable, no PoE
- XDIP/P-US: Two nodes with 12V PSU and US power cable, no PoE (point-to-point Extension)
- XDIP-PSU-RED: Single node with PSU cable for connection to RED-PSU, no PoE
- Power-Over-Ethernet Models:
- XDIP-POE*: Single node PoE-powered or by optional 12V PSU
- XDIP-IEC*: Single PoE node including external 12V PSU
- XDIP-RED*: Single PoE node with PSU cable for connection to RED-PSU
- * These models are not sold in the US-region currently
Adder ADDERLink XDIP/P Specifications
1.22 in. (31 mm.)
6.65 in. (169 mm.)
4.8 in. (120 mm.)
1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg.)
Compact case, robust metal construction.
0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F
100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 0.7A, input to power adapter, 12VDC 18W output from power adapter
|Computer connections||HDMI, Audio 3.5mm, USB type B, 8p8c Ethernet port|
|Console connections||HDMI, Ethernet, 3 x USB type A, Audio 3.5mm|
|Software Compatibility||All known operating systems. No drivers required|
All computers with HDMI, USB and analogue audio. Can be interfaced to VGA, DVI and DisplayPort with appropriate adaptors