Icron Ranger 2201 - USB 2.0 CAT5e Extender (330 ft)
The Icron USB Ranger 2201 (00-00297) is a single port USB 2.0 high speed extension solution, enabling USB 2.0 connections at up to 480Mbps over 100m/330ft of CAT5 cabling. The Ranger 2201 provides a remote single port USB 2.0 powered hub delivering standard 500mA power and supporting all USB device types including Isochronous web cams.
The USB Ranger 2201, and the Ranger 2200 family of products are powered by ExtremeUSB, enabled by Icron's LionsGate USB Extension ASIC. ExtremeUSB provides true USB 2.0 extension at up to 480Mbps over a variety of media, without the need of additional software drivers. A true plug-and-play solution, the Ranger 2201 is compatible with all leading operating systems, and supports all USB device types from high-speed web cams, hard drives, printers, scanners, audio devices, touch screens, digital cameras and game controllers.
Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 Diagram
Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 Features
- Powered by ExtremeUSB. Long reach USB 2.0 enabled by Icron's LionsGate USB 2.0 Extension ASIC.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices up to 100m over CAT5e cable.
- Operates with USB 2.0 high-speed host controllers and USB 1.1 classic hosts.
- Supports all USB device types: Control, Interrupt, Bulk and Isochronous at up to 480Mbps.
- True plug and play, ready to operate right out of the box. No new driver installation required.
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Provides one remote USB 2.0 port. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs.
- AC power adapter at remote unit provides standard 500mA to USB port.
- Power adapter at local unit is not required for normal operation.
- Ideal for a wide variety of USB devices, from printers, scanners, hard drives, and audio devices, to touch screens, web cams, and game controllers.
Ranger 2201 (00-00297) Package Contents
- (1) Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 Transmitter (LEX)
- (1) Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 Receiver (REX)
- (1) 6ft / 2 meter USB 2.0 Cable
- (1) Power Adapter and US-specific Power Cord
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) 2-Year Standard Warranty
Icron Ranger 2201 (00-00297) Specifications
|Height||2.99 in. (76mm.)|
|Width||3.94 in. (100mm.)|
|Depth||1.02 in. (26mm.)|
|Weight||2.0 lbs. (0.9kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|Power adapter Maximum Rating||5V DC @ 3A|
|LEX unit USB connector|
1 x USB Type B
|LEX unit Link connector||1 x RJ45|
|REX unit Link connector||1 x RJ45|
|REX unit USB connector||1 x USB Type A|
|Maximum USB devices supported||14 USB devices or 3 USB hubs with 11 USB devices|
|Range||100m (330 ft) over Cat 5e (or better) cable|
|Approved Agency||FCC (Class B), IC (Class B), CE (Class B)|
|ESD Rating||EMC EN-61000-4-2:2001 8kV Contact, 16kV Air|
This is the replacement for the Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2101 (P/N: 00-00231)
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to Icorn, the USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 USB extender does support isochronous USB data transfer and explicitly states support for isochronous web cams.
Question: I bought an Adderview Pro (AV*PRO-DVI) KVM from KVM Switches. I need to locate mouse/keyboard about 30 feet away.I tried two USB 2.0 active extension cables from Startech but mouse connectivity is unstable with one (keeps switching speeds)and there is no USB connectivity with the KVM using the other. What is the best KVM USB extender to work with the Adderview Pro? Is the Icron 00-00297 the best choice or is there a better solution for reaching at least 30 feet?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Icron makes high quality USB extension products and this particular unit provides transparent USB extension. It should work great for extending your USB devices 30 feet. Please note however, this unit has only one USB port, so would need a hub for two or more USB devices. The Two port model can be found here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/00-00252.html
Depending on your specific needs, there may be other options available. Please contact your KVM Switches Online representative directly at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.
Question: Can this product support the use of Wireless Keyboards and Mice whose Dongle Receivers are plugged into the KVM USB Switch? If not is their a Model(s) that support using Wireless peripherals?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Wireless Keyboards and Mice are often difficult to determine compatibility because of the vast variety of manufacturers and technologies. With that said, it is very difficult to determine if a particular set will work accordingly with both your KVM switch as well as USB Extender. It has been our experience that transparent USB ports are used best for shared devices such as printers and hard-disks with wired USB connections.