The Avocent AutoView AV2108 is a Cat5 KVM appliance which supports a single local user to manage up to 8 server or serial devices. Each AutoView switch provides Virtual Media and CAC support via four USB 2.0 ports. When additional systems are added, AutoView switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 server or serial devices.
The Avocent AutoView KVM switch ships with two intuitive, integrated management interfaces. The OSCAR on-screen display for local access and the Web User Interface provides remote management for switches that have been upgraded to 1 remote KVM over IP user with the Remote Access Key option (RAK-Key). All remote-enabled AutoView KVM switches are compatible with Avocent DSView management software for consolidated management across the infrastructure.
- 1 x 8 port USB KVM Switch
- 1 x Set Rack Mounting Brackets
- 1 x Region Specific Power Cord (NA)
- 1 x Quick Install Guide
- Note: Computer Interface Modules (CIM) not included
- Requires one CIM and CAT5 cable, or one Integrated Access Cable per attached target (sold separately - see accessories list)
- Analog VGA local user station. Supports VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort for server interface.
- Support for USB, PS/2, Sun and serial target devices in a single solution.
- CAT-5, thin cabling saves space in the rack and allows up to a 30 meter distance between the server and the switch.
- Server interface modules and integrated access cables automatically assign and retain unique server names for each attached server.
- Advanced, graphical On-Screen Display eases system configuration and server selection.
- Virtual Media support allows servers to access storage media attached to the KVM, enabling out-of-band file transfers and OS patch deployments.
- Supports smart card and CAC authentication to target devices, enabling the extension of two-factor authentication requirements.
- An administrator can grant KVM access to only certain users. The administrator can also limit KVM access to specific targets on the switch.
- Encryption options include 128-bit SSL, AES, DES and 3DES
- IPv6 Support. Supports Internet Protocol Version 6.
Avocent AV2108-001 KVM Appliance Back View
Avocent AV2108 Benefits:
Avocent AutoView KVM Appliance Application Diagram
Avocent AV2108-001 Specifications:
Mechanical Height 1.72 in. (4.37 cm.) Width 17 in. (43.2 cm.) Depth 6.5 in. (16.5 cm.) Weight 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg.) Style 1U Rack mount Device Support Device Connectors 8 ports for servers or serial devices
4 USB 2.0 ports
Remote Access 1 remote KVM over IP user w/ Remote Access Key option (RAK-Key)
10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
Local Access 1 local port
1 ACI port for tiering to another AutoView switch
VM/CAC Support - Virtual Media support over USB 2.0
- Common Access Card (CAC) capability for smart cards
- 128-bit SSL, AES, DES and 3DES encryption
Video Support Analog VGA, SVGA, and XGA
16:9 widescreen, up to 1680 x 1050
4:3 standard, up to 1600 x 1200
Management Software - OSCARª On-Screen Display for local access
- Web User Interface
- Compatible with Avocent DSView management software w/ Remote Access Key option
Other - Agentless control and access for 1 remote user w/ the Remote Access Key
- Single-stack IPv4 or IPv6 access
- Flash-upgradeable firmware AV KVM Switch and AVRIQ
Power Supply Connector IEC C14 Type Internal Power 18W Heat dissipation 47 BTU/hr AC input range 100 - 240 VAC AC frequency 50/60 Hz auto-sensing AC input current rating 5 A AC input power (maximum) 20W Environmental Operating Temperature 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) Storage Temperature -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C) Airflow Airflow is from non-port side (Front) to port side (Back) Standards Approved Agency UL, FCC Class A, cUL, ICES Class A, CE, EAC, VCCI Class A, KCC Class A, C-Tick, BSMI Warranty Two Years
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Most KVMs with switchable USB ports, including the Avocent AV2108-001, simply push a regular USB signal through the KVM dongle - hence the functionality of the USB devices is not OS dependant. However be aware that if you are switching a storage drive device, some OS do not support formats that others may - I.e. MAC would not support that native Windows NTFS without a plugin, and Linux users would typically format their devices into ext2/3/4, JFS, XFS, ResiserFS, which may not work on other OSs.
Question: what is the life cyle of this product? is this a new product? We would like to use this product with HP Generation 9 servers, is it going to be compatible?
Answer: Thank you for your patience as we gathered the life cycle information for the AV2108.
At 77 Deg F, MTBF(hr): 881,337 - MTBF(yr): 100.6 - Failure Rate: 1,135
At 104 Deg F, MTBF(hr):465,268 - MTBF(yr):53.1 - Failure Rate: 2,149
As For the compatibility, Avocent assumes no issues will arise however cannot guarantee this.