PLEASE NOTE: This product is on backorder until late May 2022. We are currently reserving spots in the production queue however, so order today.
Avocent HMX5200R is a Receiver (RX) for the HMX 5000 series featuring Dual Head DVI-D (Single Link), USB, Audio (3.5mm in/out), RS232 (9-pin-D-type), 8pp8c (Ethernet over twisted pair), and SFP ports.
The Avocent HMX 5000 Series is a high performance KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) extender that forms part of the matrix solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
Truly unlimited extension distances
Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length - If you need to extend further, simply add a 1GbE network device to achieve an additional 100 meters. The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
Single CATx cable or fiber that prevents interference
This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
The optional Avocent HMX Advanced Manager (HMXAMGR24-001) is a control suite which transforms extenders into a digital matrix solution. Using standard IP infrastructure it is possible to route any user station to any computer attached to the network without any compromises to video quality or control. It allows cooperative sharing of computers and the multicasting of video to any destination.
Real time control with perfect digital video
Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digital video you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
- USB 2.0 with Class Control - Enables connection of USB devices from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices.
- EDID Management - Intelligent EDID management allows the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer. This ensures perfect video display without the additional configuration.
- Plug and Play - These devices are delivered in a zero config state so you can plug them in and start working on them straight away. There is no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- Redundant Network Operation - The units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network port if it detects a failure.
- Ideal for Control Rooms
- Plug and play
- 100m extension distance on single Catx; unlimited using standard IP network
- 500m to 10km over fiber
- Single link, dual head configuration
- 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz maximum resolution
- USB mass storage supported plus keyboard, mouse tablet and touch
- Screen mass storage
- Redundant network operation
Multi-Point Extension Application Diagram
Multi-Point KVM-Over-IP Application Diagram (w/ optional HMX Manager)
- Application for 6000 series
- Hardware Compatibility - All computers with DVI-D, USB, Audio, RS232 - requirement dependent.
- DVI-D - Digital Visual Interface (digital only) - The system supports a Dual Head Single-Link DVI-D resolution to a maximum of 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- USB 2.0 with Class Control - Supports USB 2.0 devices (low, full and high speed). Security feature allows the blocking of non HID devices. Isochronous devices are not supported (e.g. USB audio or video devices).
- Digital Stereo Audio - The system transfers analog stereo audio (Line In/Line Out) via digital signaling between any transmitter/receiver pair. Additionally, the audio output of any transmitter can be multicast to many receivers.
- RS232 - RS232 can be passed between the units to a maximum baud rate of 115,200. RS232 is a point to point connection technology and cannot be multicast.
- Software Compatibility - All known operating systems (except Sun BIOS access).
- Peripheral Connections Receiver (RX) - 2 x DVI-D, audio 3.5mm in, audio 3.5mm out, 4 x USB type A, RS232 9-pin D-type 1 x 8p8c and 1 x SFP
- Physical Design - 1U compact case, robust metal construction. 198mm/7.92" (w), 44mm/1.76" (h), 150mm/6.0" (d), 1.1kg/2.7lbs.
- Power - 2.5mm DC jack (power adapter included),100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 0.8A, input to power adapter. 5VDC 20W output from power adapter.
- Operating Temperature - 0 to 40°C / 32 to 104°F.
- Approvals - CE, FCC.
|HMX TX single DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP
|HMX RX single DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP
|HMX TX dual DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP
|HMX RX dual DVI-D, USB, audio, SFP
|Add up to 24 end point KVM-Over-IP Compatibility
|Power Supply HMX 5000/6000 TX/RX
|SFP Multi Mode Fiber Module LC
|SFP Single Mode Fiber Module LC
|1000BASE-T Copper SFP Transceiver
|19in Rackmount kit for 2 HMX 5000/6000
|19in Rackmount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000
|19in VESA mount kit for 1 HMX 5000/6000
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
They can indeed by using the Avocent LC-SM-SFP SFP Single Mode Fiber SFP Module.
Question: Is this compatible with the HMIQHDD transmitter?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
AHMX5000 series units, like this HMX5200R, are not interchangeable with legacy HMX infrastructure.
The HMX series was replaced by the Avocent HMX5000 and Avocent HMX6000 series. The HMX5200T receiver would be the closest direct replacements to the HMIQDHDD.
Alternatively, you may also be interested in the similar AdderLink Infinity series.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!
Question: Where is the settings for connecting an infrared device please ?
Thank you for your inquiry. You can locate the the HMX system installer and user manual here: https://www.vertiv.com/globalassets/shared/avocent-hmx-high-performance-kvm-extender-system-next-generation-installeruser-guide.pdf
However, we could not find any information about connecting infrared devices. For specific help regarding attaching infrared devices, we would recommend contacting the manufacturer (Vertiv) directly. Support contacts for Vertiv can be found here: https://www.vertiv.com/support/