HDMI USB Virtual Media KVM Adapter Cable with Smart Card Reader (CPU Module)
The KA7168 KVM Adapter Cable connects a KVM switch to the HDMI video and USB ports of a target computer. The KA7168 supports HDMI output and provides a USB plug to connect a target computer for Smart Card/CAC support*.
With its small size and light weight design, it represents the next generation of KVM Adapter Cables - offering superior signal compensation and delay skew technologies for greatly enhanced video quality.
* Virtual media and CAC reader functions are not supported for KH1508A, KH1516A, KH1508Ai, KH1516Ai, KL1508A, KL1516A, KL1508Ai, KL1516Ai, KH2508A, KH2516A, KN2116A, KN4116, KN2132, or KN4132.
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC), no DIP switch setting needed for different distances
- Keyboard and mouse emulation - keeps your server functioning smoothly when it's disconnected from the switch's KVM port or is relocated to a different KVM port
- Lifetime firmware upgrades
- Built in ASIC for greater reliability and compatibility
- CPU module designed with automatic conversion to allow for flexible interface combinations (PS/2, USB) to control all computer types (PC, Mac, Sun)
- Compact size
- Virtual Media Support*
- Smart Card / CAC Reader Support*
- Virtual media and CAC reader functions are not supported for KH1508A, KH1516A, KH1508Ai, KH1516Ai, KL1508A, KL1516A, KL1508Ai, KL1516Ai, KH2508A, KH2516A, KN2116A, KN4116, KN2132, or KN4132.
|Link||1 x RJ-45 Female|
|USB to Computer||1 x USB Type A Male|
|Smart Card / CAC to Computer||1 x USB Type A Male|
|DVI to Computer||1 x DVI-D Male|
|Dimensions|| 3.6 x 2.2 x 0.8 in. |
(9.10 x 5.60 x 2.12 cm)
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Yes. The Aten KA7168 is designed to control all computer types including Mac, PC, and Sun.