Aten 32 Port Cat5 Matrix KVM Switch
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Aten KM0532 is a 32 port, 5 user Matrix KVM Switch which gives IT administrators in large corporations advanced access and control of multiple servers. Operators working at up to 5 consoles can assume simultaneous and independent control of 32 directly connected, or through a combination of daisy chaining and cascading, as many as 8000 computers. A special feature will allow two KM0532 to be connected together in a way that allows 10 simultaneous operators independent access to 64 attached servers. A dual power supply connected to different electrical circuits ensures continued operation in the event of a power failure on one circuit.
The KM0532 allows for real time port control by an administrator over an RS232 connection. Close an operators session, switch ports, or end an operator's connection to a port without closing the user's session. Server access and control is easily accomplished by means of a convenient, intuitive, graphical user interface. In addition, once the initial network setup has been accomplished, server administration tasks may be managed over the internet or through your local network by using any web browser.
Aten KM0532 Features:
- Five consoles independently and simultaneously control up to 32 directly connected computers
- Standardized graphical user interface - consistent across all Altusen products - saves on training time and costs - increases user efficiency
- Embedded web interface for easy system configuration.
- Redundant power supplies
- Virtual Media Support - allows sharing of directly-connected USB storage devices to all servers connected with virtual media enabled adapter cables
- Power Association enables switch's KVM ports to be power controlled via associated Altusen PON products
- Dual Root functionality allows you to expand your top-level KM0532 deployment to 10 consoles.
- RS-232 port permits an administrator user logged in over the port to perform Console and KVM port access and control.
- Full KVM backup for restoring configuration and user data
- Supports up to 1024 user and 255 group accounts
- Audio support for multimedia-capable devices combined with audio enabled adapter cables (see CPU and console requirements)
- Three level password security: Super Administrator, Administrator, User
- Port level user access control through out the entire installation
- Up to 7 slave switches can be daisy chained from a master switch
- Switches can be cascaded to three levels to access and manage more than 8,000 computers
- Convenient computer selection via intuitive hotkey combinations or GUI
- The port list automatically expands when stations are added - port names are automatically reconfigured when the station sequence changes
- User's display automatically adjusts to resolution differences on the remote servers
- Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
- Video resolutions 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz up to 900ft with Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) - no dip switch settings
- Compact design - rack mounts in only 1U of rack space
Aten Cat5 Matrix KVM Switch Application Diagram
- Console connections
- KA7230 PS/2 -USB console module with RS232
- KA7240 PS/2 - USB console mudule with RS232, virtual media, audio
- KA7230 PS/2 -USB console module with RS232
- CPU Connections:
- For PS/2 computers- KA7120 or KA9120
- For USB computers ( including Sun and MAC)- KA7170
- For Serial devices- KA7140
- For USB computers with virtual media and audio- KA7176
- 2x Power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Rack mount kit
- Firmware up grade cable
- Grounding strap
- Rubber feet for desktop use.
Aten KM0532 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (43.2 mm.)|
|Width||17 in. (432 mm.)|
|Depth||16.2 in. (411.5 mm.)|
|Weight||14 lbs. (6 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32 - 122 F|
|Storage Temperature||-4 - 140 F|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non condensing|
|Voltage||100 - 240 VAC 50 - 60Hz|
|Consumption||120V 50W 171 BTU/h | 230V 51W 174 BTU/h|
|Daisy Chain or Cascading||8000|
|Port Selection||GUI, Hotkeys|
|PON||1 x RJ-45|
|Power||2 x 3-prong AC Socket|
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||5 x RJ-45|
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||32 x RJ-45|
|Daisy Chain||1 x VHDCI 68 Female (Black)|
|LAN Connection||1 x RJ-45|
|Power||2 x Rocker|
|Reset||1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton|
|F/W Upgrade||1 x Slide|
|On Line||5 x Console Port On Line (Green)|
|Port Status||32 Dual-colored (Green on line / Red selected)|
|Power On||1 (Blue)|
Answer: Hi Walter, thank you for your Inquiry.
Aten will ship you the Rackmount Kit for the KM0532 for free - they don't have disparate retail SKUs for Rackmount Kits. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup the order and provide shipping information.
Question: We currently have a KVM SWITCH: SMB CAT5 216 232 SWITCH W (32) BELKIN OMNIVIEW PN: F1DP232A-BU. Is the Aten switch compatible? Can we daisy chain to the Belkin switch?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Belkin OmniView daisy-chaining is only possible with other switches in that series - Belkin and Aten switches are not naitively cross-compatible. That being said, you could always plug in the output signals of one KVM into a input port of the other - this would let you access the first KVM from the second, but the switching controls may be messy..
If you would like a recommendation based on your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.
Question: How many local user connections does this switch support?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This switch does not support any direct connections for a local user. Each of the 5 consoles requires a console module (either a KA7230: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ka7230.html or KA7240: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ka7240.html ), and each module would connect to the switch via CAT5e/CAT6 cable. So, technically it supports up to 5 (extended) local consoles, but not out of the box and not right at the switch.
One other item to note, the browser connection on this device is strictly for administrative functions and not actually controlling any targets.