Aten 32 Port 9 user Cat5 Matrix KVM switch w/ Audio and Virtual
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Aten KM0932 is a 32 Port, 9 User Matrix KVM Switch that gives IT administrators in large corporations advanced access and control of multiple servers. Operators working at up to 9 consoles can assume simultaneous and independent control of 32 directly connected, or through a combination of daisy chaining and cascading, as many as 8000 computers. A special feature will allow two KM0932 to be connected together in a way that allows 18 simultaneous operators independent access to 64 attached servers. A dual power supply connected to different electrical circuits ensures continued operation in the event of a power failure on one circuit.
The KM0932 allows for real time port control by an administrator over an RS232 connection. Close an operators session, switch ports, or end an operator's connection to a port without closing the user's session. Server access and control is easily accomplished by means of a convenient, intuitive, graphical user interface. In addition, once the initial network setup has been accomplished, server administration tasks may be managed over the internet or through your local network by using any web browser. The KM0932 also supports audio and virtual media when used in conjunction with a KA7176 CPU module and KA7240 console module ( First tier only).
Aten KM0932 Features:
- Nine consoles independently and simultaneously control up to 32 directly connected computers
- Standardized graphical user interface - consistent across all Altusen products - saves on training time and costs - increases user efficiency
- Embedded web interface for easy system configuration.
- Redundant power supplies
- Virtual Media Support - allows sharing of directly-connected USB storage devices to all servers connected with virtual media enabled adapter cables
- Power Association enables switch's KVM ports to be power controlled via associated Altusen PON products
- Dual Root functionality allows you to expand your top-level KM0932 deployment to 18 consoles.
- RS-232 port permits an administrator user logged in over the port to perform Console and KVM port access and control.
- Full KVM settings backup for restoration
- Supports up to 1024 user and 255 group accounts
- Audio support for multimedia-capable devices combined with audio enabled adapter cables ( see CPU and console requirements)
- Three level password security: Super Administrator, Administrator, User
- Port level user access control through the entire installation
- Up to 7 slave switches can be daisy chained from a master switch
- Switches can be cascaded to three levels to access and manage more than 8,000 computers
- Convenient computer selection via intuitive hotkey combinations or GUI
- The port list automatically expands when stations are added - port names are automatically reconfigured when the station sequence changes
- User's display automatically adjusts to resolution differences on the remote servers
- Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
- Video resolutions 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz up to 900ft with Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) - no dip switch settings
- Compact design - rack mounts in only 1U of rack space
- A firmware upgrade can be performed simultaneously on all daisy chained and cascaded slave switches as well as connected adapter cables
- Scan - provides automatic monitoring of user-selected computers
- Power cord x2
- Quick Start Guide
- Rack mount kit
- Firmware up grade cable
- Grounding strap
- Rubber feet for desktop use.
Aten Matrix KVM Switch Application Diagram
- Console connections
- KA7230 PS/2 -USB console module with RS232
- KA7240 PS/2 - USB console mudule with RS232, virtual media, audio
- KA7230 PS/2 -USB console module with RS232
- CPU Connections
- For PS/2 computers- KA7120 or KA9120
- For USB computers ( including Sun and MAC)- KA7170
- For Serial devices- KA7140
- For USB computers with virtual media and audio- KA7176
Aten KM0932 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (43.2 mm.)|
|Width||17 in. (432 mm.)|
|Depth||16.2 in. (411.5 mm.)|
|Weight||14 lbs. (6 kg.)|
|Operation Temperature||32 - 122 F|
|Storage Temperature||-4 - 140 F|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non-condensing|
|Voltage||100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||120V 50W 171 BTU/h | 230V 51W 174 BTU/h|
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||9 x RJ45|
|Daisy Chain or Cascading||8000|
|Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor||32x RJ45|
|Daisy Chain||1x VHDCI 68 Female (Black)|
|LAN Connection||1x RJ45|
|PON||1 x RJ45|
|Power||2 x 3 Prong AC socket|
|Power||2 x Rocker|
|Reset||1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton|
|F/W Upgrade||1 x Slide|
|On Line||9 Console (Green)|
|Port Status||32 Dual-colored (Green on line / Red selected)|
|Power On||1 (Blue)|
|Video Resolution||1280x1024@60Hz max. 900 ft|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. It sounds like you are looking for virtual media access perhaps? For virtual media access, you will need to use a KA7176 CPU module on the server side and the KA7240 console. Virtual media will allow a user to mount a USB storage device on the attached server.
Unfortunately, we do not believe that you can use that virtual media USB port to attach another USB devices like a printer.
Question: Device Access is full! Press Enter to continue
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this simple FAQ.
Please reach out to ATEN support directly at: https://eservice.aten.com/eServiceCx/Common/FAQ/list.do?lang=en_US.