Avocent 16-Port, 1 Digital Path, Dual-AC input Power Supply
The Avocent MergePoint Unity MPU1016DAC is a KVM over IP 16-Port Serial Console Switch with 1 Digital Path and dual-AC input Power Supply.
This unique combination provides IT Administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment, and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
The MergePoint Unity switches enhance the in-band management typically done through the NIC of IT equipment by providing secure and remote Out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB, and Serial ports. This unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure, or restore equipment to meet SLA's and minimize downtime.
Avocent MergePoint MPU1016DAC Backview
Avocent MergePoint MPU1016DAC Features:
- Complete, full-featured remote server management from a single user interface.
- Remote KVM and serial console access are both included in the design of the MergePoint Unity switches.
- The MergePoint Unity switches can operate out of the box or can be managed by the DSView 3 software to allow a single method to manage and access all the MergePoint Unity switches that exist.
- Supports LDAP when used alone or can be managed with the DSView 4 management software to add more authentication and reporting options.
- The MergePoint Unity switch has virtual media capabilities to map USB storage devices and Smart Card/ Common Access Card (CAC) readers.
- All MergePoint Unity switches come with virtual media capabilities.
- The MergePoint unity switches offer dual 10/100/1000 ethernet ports on all models and options for models with dual power supplies.
- Dedicated power control ports to connect and control Avocent rack PDUs (sold separately) for integrated power control and measurement.
Avocent MergePoint MPU1016DAC Application Diagram
Avocent MergePoint MPU1016DAC Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.4 cm.)|
|Width||17.0 in. (43.2 cm.)|
|Depth||14 in. (34 cm.)|
|Weight (without cables)||8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1-U rack mountable|
|Number|| MPU8032DAC/4032DAC/2016DAC/1016DAC: 2 power supplies |
MPU08032/4032/2016/1016: 1 power supply
|Power||MPU8032DAC/8032: 24W; MPU4032DAC/4032: 18W; MPU2016DAC/2016: 13W; MPU1016DAC/1016: 12W|
|Heat Dissipation||MPU8032DAC/8032: 82 BTU/hr MPU4032DAC/4032: 62 BTU/hr |
MPU2016DAC/2016: 45 BTU/hr MPU1016DAC/1016: 41 BTU/hr
|AC Input Range||100-240 VAC|
|AC Frequency||50-60Hz autosensing|
|AC Input Current Rating||1.25 A|
|AC Input Power (max)||40W|
|Number||16 port models- MPU2016DAC/2016/1016DAC/1016|
|Modules supported||PS/2, Sun, USB and Serial modules sold separately|
|Sync Types||Separate horizontal and vertical|
|Input Video Resolution||640 x 480 @ 60 Hz; 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz; 960 x 700 @ 75 Hz; 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz; 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Supported Cabling||4-pair UTP CAT 5 or CAT 6, 45 meters maximum length|
|Type||USB and VGA|
|USB Device Port|
|PDU Port- used to manage supported PDUs through a direct serial port connection|
|Ambient Atmospheric Condition Ratings|
|Temperature||Operating;32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (0 to 50 degrees Celsius) Non-operating: -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius)|
|Humidity||Operating:20% to 80 % relative humidity (non-condensing) Non-operating: 5% to 95% relative humidity, 38.7 degrees C maximum wet bulb temperature|
|Safety and EMC Standards Approvals and Markings|
|UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, VCCI, KCC, C-Tick, GOST|
|Safety certifications and EMC certifications for this product are obtained under one or more of the following designations: CMN (Certification Model Number), |
MPN (Manufacturer/s Part Number) or Sales Level Model designation. The designation that is referenced
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer, as long as the correct video input is available, this KVM should work with both of those operating systems. The MergPoint KVM series is operating system independent.
Question: I need to connect to console ports of Cisco routers and switches?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
You can use the Avocent MPUIQ-SRL Serial Dongles to connect Cisco sources to the Avocent (by Vertiv) MPU1016DAC. An administrator can choose between the "ACS console server" and "Cisco" pinouts for each MPUIQ-SRL serial port via the local user interface or the remote OBWI. ACS is the default.
For more information, please refer to "Appendix B: Using Serial IQ Modules" of the Avocent MPU1016DAC Manual (PDF)
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!