Avocent MergePoint Unity 32 Port KVM Over IP Switch, Dual AC Power
The Avocent MergePoint Unity MPU2032DAC-001 is a 32-port, 2 digital KVM path, with dual AC power supply.
The MergePoint Unity switch includes both KVM over IP and Serial Console Management technology in a single appliance. This combination provides IT administrators a complete and secure, remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices. Using both in-band and out-of-band tools together allows for a more fault-tolerant and complete, remote management solution. Remote, out-of-band connections complement traditional in-band/software tools to improve troubleshooting, shorten response times and help minimize unplanned downtime.
The MergePoint Unity appliances provide remote users the capabilities of a direct, physical connection to KVM, USB and serial ports of servers and other IT equipment from anywhere.
Avocent MergePoint MPU2032DAC Backview
Avocent MPU2032DAC Features:
- Advanced Remote Management - Provides secure and remote, out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB and serial ports to complement existing in-band software management tools
- Meet Service Level Agreements and Minimize Downtime - Unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure or restore equipment
- Virtual Media - Enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory and external drives to be virtually attached to a remote server's USB port
- CAC/Smart Card Support - Utilizing the virtual media capabilities remote or local users can map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards
- Enhanced Serial Adapters - Supports standard, remote SSH connections to the attached serial devices and includes electronic pin-out options for quick and easy connections to the console ports on Cisco network equipment
- Power Device Port - Connect supported PDUs for integrated power control, measurement and reporting
Avocent MergePoint Unity Application Diagram
Avocent MPU2032DAC Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm)|
|Width||17 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||13.38 in. (34 cm)|
|Weight||8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 22°F (0° to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C|
|Humidity||Operating: 20% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing) Non-operating: 5% to 95% relative humidity, 38.7°C maximum wet bulb temperature|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50-60 Hz auto-sensing|
|Input Power||40W max|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun, USB and serial|
|Video||640x480 @ 60 Hz; 800x600 @ 75 Hz; 960x700 @ 75 Hz; |
1024x768 @ 75 Hz; 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz;
1600x1200 @ 75 Hz using the MPUIQ-VMC module
|Peripherals||USB keyboard and mouse; VGA video|
|Number of Network Connections||2|
|Type of Network Connections||10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Serial Port Type||1 configuration port, 2 power control ports|
|Serial Port Connector||RS-232, 8-pin modular|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, VCCI, C-Tick|
This product is the replacement for the MPU2032.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Typically dongles are proprietary to the manufacturer and are not cross compatible; and while a number of Dell and HP KVM products are produced by Avocent, Avocent has several different series of dongle, depending on the switch.
Unfortunately, we do not know which (if any) specific Avocent model the Dell 0UF366 dongle maps to, so we could not recommend using the Dell dongle with the Avocent switch.
Question: Does the MPU2032DAC-001 come with rack mounting hardware ?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The MPU2032DAC-001 will come with a rackmount bracket kit.
Question: Does the MPU2032DAC-001 come with power cords? If yes, what type of connector?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The MergePoint Unity does come with power cords. The end that connects to the KVM Switch is a C13 type connection with a standard three prong 120V AC plug on the wall side.
Question: Is there a recommended Rack LCD Console for use with this KVM Switch?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
I would recommend the Raloy RF117HD as a local Rack Console for the Avocent MPU2032DAC.
The RF117HD offers native VGA input, and supports the maximum local video resolution of 1920x1080. With enough depth, you can also rack mount the MPU2032DAC behind the Raloy unit (onto the rear rails) all into 1 RMU. The RF117HD offers a good balance between low price and high build quality.
Note, you can also optionally get a transparent USB port installed onto the unit - part number RF117HD-USB.
Question: I am looking for export classification (ECCN) for this part number MPU2032DAC-001
Answer: Thank you for reaching us to out for your inquiry,
The ECCN of MPU2032DAC-001 and MPU2032DAC-G01 is 5A992.