The NTI XTENDEX ST-FOHD-SC50 HDMI Extender via Fiber Optic Cable locates an HDMI display up to 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) away from a video source using a single SC multimode fiber optic strand. The NTI ST-FOHD-SC50 extender consists of a transmitter that connects to a video source and a receiver that connects to a display.
NTI XTENDEX ST-FOHD-SC50 Features and Benefits:
- Signal transmission via single-strand multimode SC fiber optic cable - no RF interference.
- Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p and computer resolutions to 1920x1200.
- Compact and durable design - allowing for easy connection and placement.
- HDMI features supported:
- 12-bit Deep Color
- Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital, and DTS
- Bandwidth up to 7.8 Gbps
- Support for CEC (consumer electronic control) compatible devices.
- HDCP compliant.
- Supports the DDC2B protocol.
- No software to install.
- Cables can be installed in conduit prior to extender installation.
*SC 50-micron fiber ooptic cable not included.
NTI XTENDEX ST-FOHD-SC50 Specifications:
|AC Adapter||100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)|
|Connectors||1 x HDMI; 1 x Simplex SC Fiber Optic Port|
|HDTV||1080p (Up to 500 meters);|
720p (Up to 1000 meters)
|Computer||1920 x 1200 (up to 500 meters);|
1280 x 1024 (Up to 1000 meters)
|Power||Transmitter: powered from video source;|
Receiver: 110 or 220VAC, 50/60Hz via AC Adapter
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The ST-FOHD-SC-50 transmitter draws power from the source device (i.e. DVD player) over the HDMI cable you plug in - rather than an AC adapter. According to NTI, depending on the quality and design of your splitter, often there should be enough power at the splitter to also power the extender. Again thought, this depends on your application so we are unable to guarantee compatibility.