The USB 2.0 Ranger 2304-LAN is a four port USB 2.0 high-speed extension solution with the ability to connect USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 devices such as flash drives, keyboards, mice, and interactive whiteboards to hosts across a Local Area Network (LAN) using existing Ethernet cabling. Please note, isochronous peripherals (such as webcams and audio devices) are not supported.
The USB 2.0 Ranger 2304-LAN extends USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 peripherals such as flash drives, keyboards, mice, and interactive whiteboards across a Local Area Network (LAN) and supports modern USB 3.0 controllers. The Ranger 2304-LAN includes the ExtremeUSB suite of features such as true plug and play (no software drives required) and compatibility with all leading operating systems. Up to 31 USB devices or hubs can be supported over LAN. Please note, isochronous devices (such as webcams and audio) are not supported.
Icron 00-00335 Features:
- Extends USB as direct connect or through 100Mbps or 1000Mbps LANs
- Extends USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 (both low-speed and full-speed) devices
- Operates with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 hosts
- Supports all USB compliant peripherals (except for isochronous devices, such as webcams or audio devices) up to 480Mbps
- True plug and play. No drivers required
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Uses a standard solid core Cat 5e cable for easy installation or existing LAN infrastructure
- Pre-paired networked configuration for simple installation if purchased as a complete LEX and REX system
- Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- FCC Class B
- Rugged metal enclosure
Icron 00-00335 Diagram
Icron 00-00335 Specifications:
|LEX (Local Extender)||100mm x 76mm x 26mm (3.9" x 3.0" x 1.0")|
|REX (Remote Extender)||100mm x 76mm x 26mm (3.9" x 3.0" x 1.0")|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||10% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|LEX (Local Extender)|
|USB Connector||1 x USB Type B Receptacle|
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|REX (Remote Extender)|
4 x USB Type A Receptacles
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|Available Current||Up to 600mA to each USB port|
|Power Supply||100-240V AC input, 1A 24V DC Output|
|EMC||FCC (Class B), CE (Class B)|
|USB Device Support|
|Maximum Throughput||Up to 480Mbps*|
|Traffic Types||Interrupt, Bulk and Control**|
|Device Types||HID (Mouse and Keyboard), Hubs, Storage Devices**|
|Direct Connect||Up to 100m (330 ft) over solid core Cat 5e or better|
|Network Connect||Up to 100m (330 ft) between switches over solid core Cat 5e|
|Standards||100BASE-T and 1000BASE-T*|
|Data Traffic||Layer 2|
* Maximum speed is heavily dependant on network configuration, bandwidth and performance. 1000Base-T is highly recommended for best performance.
** Isochronous devices such as webcameras and audio devices are not supported.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the Icron USB Ranger 2304-LAN does not support isochronous devices. We are not familiar with the Apogee CCD camera, but many webcams and imaging devices are isochronous.
If on the other hand the Alta doesn't use isochronous communications, this device should work.
If you require a device that supports isochnonous communications, you may be interested in looking at the USB Ranger 2201 (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/00-00297.html.
Question: Is this a 2304GE-LAN or just an 2304-LAN? I need the GE version
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The 00-00335 is the 2304-LAN. We do sell the gigabyte 2304GE-LAN version as well but do not currently have it online - for pricing and availablity, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly at 1-877-586-6654, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our online Chat functionality.