Icron Ranger 2304GE-LAN - 4-port USB 2.0 Ethernet LAN Extender
The Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2304GE-LAN (00-00376 or RG2304GE-LAN) is a four port USB 2.0 high-speed extension solution with the ability to connect USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 devices such as flash drives, keyboards, mice, interactive whiteboards and isochronous devices (e.g. webcams and audio devices) to hosts over CAT 5e/6/7 cabling or across a GigE Local Area Network (LAN) using existing cable infrastructure. Saves on installation time and provides IT visibility.
Application diagram using a network switch. The 2304GE-LAN can also be used point-to-point with a direct connection.
Icron Ranger 2304GE-LAN Features
- Supports all USB compliant peripherals (including isochronous devices, such as webcams or audio devices) up to 480 Mbps
- Extends USB through 100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps LANs, or via direct Connection
- USB 2.0 throughput up to 480 Mbps*
- Operates with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 hosts
- Uses a standard solid core Cat 5e cable for easy installation or existing LAN infrastructure
- Pre-paired networked configuration** for simple installation
- Supplies up to 600mA to each USB port concurrently
- Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs (up to 30 USB devices or hubs).
Includes these ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows, OS X and Linux
* Maximum throughput will vary based on network traffic, distances and number of switches between extenders.
** Pre-paired network configuration only applies to units purchased together as a complete Local and Remote Extender system.
- Remote storage
- Industrial Control
- Digital Signage
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Security and monitoring
- Medical Device Connectivity
Ranger 2304GE-LAN (00-00376) Package Contents
- (1) Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2304GE-LAN Transmitter (LEX)
- (1) Icron USB 2.0 Ranger 2304GE-LAN Receiver (REX)
- (1) 6ft / 2m USB 2.0 Type A to Type B cable
- (1) Power Adapter and US-specific Power Cord
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) 2-Year Standard Warranty
Icron Ranger 2304GE-LAN (00-00376) Specifications
|LEX (Local Extender)||100mm x 76mm x 26mm (3.9" x 3.0" x 1.0")|
|REX (Remote Extender)||100mm x 76mm x 26mm (3.9" x 3.0" x 1.0")|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (14°F to 140°F)|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||10% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|LEX (Local Extender)|
|USB Connector||1 x USB Type B Receptacle|
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|REX (Remote Extender)|
4 x USB Type A Receptacles
|Link Connector||1 x RJ45|
|Available Current||Up to 600mA to each USB port|
|Power Supply||100-240V AC input, 1A 24V DC Output|
|EMC||FCC (Class B), CE (Class B)|
|USB Device Support|
|Maximum Throughput||Up to 480Mbps*|
|Traffic Types||All USB 2.0 Traffic Types|
|Device Types||All USB 2.0 Device Types|
|Direct Connect||Up to 100m (330 ft) over solid core Cat 5e or better|
|Network Connect||Up to 100m (330 ft) between switches over solid core Cat 5e|
|Data Traffic||Layer 2|
* Maximum speed is heavily dependent on network configuration, bandwidth and performance. 1000Base-T is highly recommended for best performance.
This is the replacement for the Icron Ranger 2304-LAN (P/N: 00-00335).