Avocent AutoView 8 Port, Dual User, CAT5 KVM Switch
Recommended replacement: Avocent AutoView
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Avocent AV1515-001 8-port AutoView multi-user KVM switch provides user support for USB and/or PS/2 keyboards and mice. This 8 port KVM switch also provides support for USB, PS/2, Sun, and serial target devices. Built for SMB server room environments, the AutoView 1515 switch all-in-one solution provide the convenience of a high-quality, On-Screen Display (OSD). The AutoView AV1515 switch includes two unique cabling options. Integrated access cables provide PS/2 and USB support and are available in lengths of 7, 10 and 15 feet. The server interface module, with Sun and serial support, covers a range of 100 feet between the target device and the switch. Both cabling options automatically assign and retain unique server names for each attached server, which simplifies installation and eases re-configuration.
Avocent 8 Port KVM Switch Backside
Avocent AV1515-001 Features:
- Dual-user, 8-port KVM switch
- Includes two unique cabling options
- Powerful user access control: Allows an administrator complete control over the KVM switch setting and allows granting KVM access to only certain users.
- Sun keyboard localization: Supports international markets
- Sun keyboard translation: Allows users to use PS/2 keyboards with Sun targets.
- OSCAR graphical user interface- Multilingual OSD: makes it easy for users to switch, monitor, and locate target devices.
- Integrates with Avocent AutoView 3100 and 3200 KVM switches
- Operating System (OS) independent: Ensures connection to the attached servers regardless of the health or type of OS
Avocent 1515 KVM Switch Diagram
Avocent AV1515-001 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm)|
|Width||17 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||11 in. (27.94 cm)|
|Weight||8 lbs. ( 3.6 kg) w/out cables|
|Operating Temperature||50 to 122 F (10 to 50 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140 F (-20 to 60 C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 to 240 VAC Autosensing|
|Power Frequency||50/60 HZ|
|Input||40 W maximum|
|Computers||USB, PS/2, Sun and serial|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA (XGA, XGA-II with adaptor), 1600 x 1280 @ 75 Hz resolution|
|Peripherals||USB and/or PS/2 keyboards and mice, Microsoft Explorer mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse family, IBM Scrollpoint, Logitech Mouseman Wheel, Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel, Logitech Marble FX and Kensington 4-button mouse, Microsoft PS/2 tilt wheel mouse|
|Approved Agency||UL FCC Class A, cUL, ICES Class A, CE, N, GS, IRAM, GOST, VCCI, Class A, MIC Class A, C-Tick|
Answer: This switch is not designed to work without video, though in theory it may. We have not tested this feature so we cannot guarantee it. We do have a USB switch however that may fit the bill: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ccs4usb-us.html.
Question: Is it possible to run dual monitors with this switch
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Dual monitor could theoretically be implemented with the the Avocent AV1515 using the built in 'Two-User Share Mode' (both users gain access to a primary server). Essentially how you would do this is by connecting the keyboard, mouse, and monitor 1 to the local port 1, and then connecting only monitor 2 to local port 2. That being said, this has not been tested by Avocent, or by our team, and this unit has reached End-Of-Life / Discontinued status, so we are able to guarantee full functional capability.
For further information on the 'Two-User Share Mode' setup process, please refer to the Avocent AV1515 Manual.
Alternatively, we have other solutions that can natively achieve a 8 port dual monitor KVM:
- You can chain 2 of the Aten CS1788 for Dual Monitor.
- You can also get any networked KVM-Over-IP KVM switch or multiple KVM IP Gateways - some models like the Raritan Dominion KX3 support 'follow' mode for switching both monitors at once; All models that do not support 'follow' mode can also be used in dual monitor mode by simply opening a separate session for the second monitor (i.e. port 1 would be connected to the keyboard, mouse, and monitor 1, while port 2 would be connected to only monitor 2).
If you would like help choosing the ideal solution for your application, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.