Avocent 32-Port, 4 Digital Path, Dual-AC input Power Supply
The Avocent MergePoint Unity MPU4032DAC-001 is a KVM over IP 32-Port Serial Console Switch with 4 Digital Path and dual-AC input Power Supply.
This unique combination provides IT Administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment, and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
The MergePoint Unity switches enhance the in-band management typically done through the NIC of IT equipment by providing secure and remote Out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB, and Serial ports. This unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure, or restore equipment to meet SLA's and minimize downtime.
Avocent MergePoint MPU4032DAC Backview
Avocent MergePoint MPU4032DAC-001 Features:
- Complete, full-featured remote server management from a single user interface.
- Remote KVM and serial console access are both included in the design of the MergePoint Unity switches.
- The MergePoint Unity switches can operate out of the box or can be managed by the DSView 3 software to allow a single method to manage and access all the MergePoint Unity switches that exist.
- Supports LDAP when used alone or can be managed with the DSView 4 management software to add more authentication and reporting options.
- The MergePoint Unity switch has virtual media capabilities to map USB storage devices and Smart Card/ Common Access Card (CAC) readers.
- All MergePoint Unity switches come with virtual media capabilities.
- The MergePoint unity switches offer dual 10/100/1000 ethernet ports on all models and options for models with dual power supplies.
- Dedicated power control ports to connect and control Avocent rack PDUs (sold separately) for integrated power control and measurement.
Avocent MergePoint MPU4032DAC-001 Application Diagram
Avocent MergePoint MPU4032DAC-001 Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.4 cm.)|
|Width||17.0 in. (43.2 cm.)|
|Depth||14 in. (34 cm.)|
|Weight (without cables)||8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1-U rack mountable|
|Number|| MPU8032DAC/4032DAC/2016DAC/1016DAC: 2 power supplies |
MPU08032/4032/2016/1016: 1 power supply
|Power||MPU8032DAC/8032: 24W; MPU4032DAC-001/4032: 18W; MPU2016DAC/2016: 13W; MPU1016DAC/1016: 12W|
|Heat Dissipation||MPU8032DAC/8032: 82 BTU/hr MPU4032DAC-001/4032: 62 BTU/hr |
MPU2016DAC/2016: 45 BTU/hr MPU1016DAC/1016: 41 BTU/hr
|AC Input Range||100-240 VAC|
|AC Frequency||50-60Hz autosensing|
|AC Input Current Rating||1.25 A|
|AC Input Power (max)||40W|
|Number||32 port models- MPU8032DAC/8032/4032DAC/4032|
|Modules supported||PS/2, Sun, USB and Serial modules sold separately|
|Sync Types||Separate horizontal and vertical|
|Input Video Resolution||640 x 480 @ 60 Hz; 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz; 960 x 700 @ 75 Hz; 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz; 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Supported Cabling||4-pair UTP CAT 5 or CAT 6, 45 meters maximum length|
|Type||USB and VGA|
|USB Device Port|
|PDU Port- used to manage supported PDUs through a direct serial port connection|
|Ambient Atmospheric Condition Ratings|
|Temperature||Operating;32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (0 to 50 degrees Celsius) Non-operating: -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius)|
|Humidity||Operating:20% to 80 % relative humidity (non-condensing) Non-operating: 5% to 95% relative humidity, 38.7 degrees C maximum wet bulb temperature|
|Safety and EMC Standards Approvals and Markings|
|UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, VCCI, KCC, C-Tick, GOST|
|Safety certifications and EMC certifications for this product are obtained under one or more of the following designations: CMN (Certification Model Number), |
MPN (Manufacturer's Part Number) or Sales Level Model designation. The designation that is referenced
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to the wide variability in user environments, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this FAQ.
However, we did find a thread at the Avocent user community forum that details this issue: http://community.avocent.com/message/4166#4166.
Question: What is the default IP address of KVM?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Mergepoint Unity appliances do not have default IP addresses and are set to DHCP by default. To change the network settings on the Mergepoint Unity, you can can connect to the local Keyboard, Video, and Mouse interface and change the Mergepoint via the Local KVM port. Alternatively you can also set the Mergepoint Unity applications up with DSView4 Software (see the installation guide on that page for a set-up guide).