CAT5 High-Density 8-Port/Single-User KVM over IP Switch
The KH1508Ai Cat 5 High-Density KVM over IP Switch offers 8 computer port configurations in a 1U-high housing for convenient rack mounting. They allow local and remote operators to monitor and access the entire enterprise data center over the Internet using a web-based browser.
The KH1508Ai features RJ-45 connectors and Cat 5e/6 cable to link to the computers and supports multiplatform. This ensures that high quality signals can travel over long distance - up to 50m* without the need for KVM extenders. Utilizing KVM Adapter Cables for the final linkup, the KH1508Ai permits any combination of PCs, Macs, Sun computers, and serial devices to coexist on the installation.
* With KVM Adapter Cable KA7000 series
In addition to TCP/IP connectivity, the KH1508Ai provides console ports for a locally attached USB or PS/2 console and a Net.
Aten KH1508Ai Backview
The Laptop USB console (LUC) - allowing access and control from the data center as well as over these switches have been designed with unique and powerful features for that enable administrators to manage their entire server room and data center devices easily and conveniently from just about anywhere in the world.
A special Message Board feature - which like an internet chat program - lets any number of remotely logged in users exchange information and communicate with each other or to cooperatively manage the installation. A Panel Array Mode™ allows real-time monitoring of up to 8 servers at once. Other features that contribute to the switches' powerful capabilities include: Mouse DynaSync™, and Adapter ID.
With ALTUSEN KVM over IP Switches, IT administrators can manage their server rooms and data centers from practically anywhere - minimizing travel costs and MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) - and ensuring the highest availability of data center services possible.
Aten KH1508Ai Features:
- High port density - RJ-45 connectors for up to 8 ports in a 1U housing
- A dedicated USB port directly connects to a laptop for easy Console operation
- One bus for remote KVM over IP access
- Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
- Local console provides PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse support
- Multiplatform support - Windows, Mac, Sun and Linux
- Superior Video Quality - up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz at up to 40 meters and 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz at up to 50 meters*
- Daisy-chain up to 15 additional units - control up to 128 computers from a single console
* With KVM Adapter Cable KA7000 series.
- Up to 64 user accounts - up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
- End session feature - administrators can terminate running sessions
- Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support
- Local Log Event
- Adapter ID - stores port information allowing administrators to relocate the servers to different ports, without having to reconfigure the adapters and switch
- Port Share Mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
- Integration with ALTUSEN CC2000 Management software
- Power Over the NET™ integration for remote power control
- Firmware upgradeable
- IPv6 capable
- Local Console, Browser, and AP GUIs offer a unified Multilanguage interface to minimize user training time and increase productivity
- Multiplatform client support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Sun)
- Multibrowser support (IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Netscape)
- Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without the need for Java to be pre-installed
- Panel Array Mode™
- Keyboard broadcast - keyboard input can be duplicated on all the attached servers
- Remote authentication support: RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory
- Supports SSL 128-bit data encryption and RSA 1024-bit certificates to secure users log in from browser
- Flexible encryption design allows users to choose any combination of 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES 256-bit AES, 128-bit RC4, or Random for independent KB/Mouse, and video, data encryption
- IP/MAC Filter for enhanced security protection
- Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
Virtual Remote Desktop
- Video quality and video tolerance can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
- Full screen or scalable video display
- Message Board for communication among remote users
- Mouse DynaSync™ - automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
- On-screen keyboard with multilanguage support
- Exit Macros support
- BIOS-level access
Aten KH1508Ai Package Content:
- 1x KH1508Ai Cat 5 High-Density KVM over IP Switch
- 1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1x Laptop USB Console Cable
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x Rack Mount Kit
- 1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs.)
- 1x User Instructions
Aten KH1508Ai Application Diagram
Aten KH1508Ai Specifications:
|Width||17.2 in. (43.7 cm.)|
|Height||1.73 in. (4.4 cm.)|
|Depth||6.3 in. (16.0 cm.)|
|Weight||6.2 lbs. (2.7 kgs.)|
|Max||128 (via daisy chain)|
|Port Selection||Pushbutton, OSD, Hotkey|
|KVM Ports||8 x RJ-45 Female|
|Power||1 x 3-prong AC socket|
|LAN||1 x RJ-45 Female|
|Daisy Chain||1 x DB-25 Male (Black)|
|FW Upgrade||1 x RJ-11 Female (Black)|
|PON||1 X RJ-45 Female|
|Laptop Console Port||1 x USB Mini Type B Female (Black)|
|Reset||1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton|
|Power||1 x Rocker|
|Port Selection||8 x Pushbuttons|
|On Line||8 (Green)|
|Station ID||1 x 2-digit 7-segment (Orange)|
|10/100 Mbps||1 (Orange / Green)|
|Local Console||1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz (40m) ; |
1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
(50 m with KA7xx Adapter Cable)
|Remote||1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz|
|Scan Interval||1-255 seconds|
|Power Consumption||120V/12.5W; |
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non-condensing|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This device will provide BIOS level access and the ability to reboot through the operating system, however, for remote power cycling, a Power Over the NET device will be required.
Question: Do you have something similar to this, but uses DisplayPort video connection instead of VGA?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
While we are not aware of a local CatX-based KVM Switch that has DisplayPort output at the local console, we are aware of ones that have DVI out (also a digital signal), for example the Adder DDX10, or connection via a web browser.
Depending on your application, you can also often use Video Adapters & Converters to adapt between different video types.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!