Adder XDIP-US - HDMI, USB & Audio Extender / KVM-Over-IP Matrix (Single Node w/ PoE & External PSU)
The Adder XDIP-US is a fanless, small form factor, HDMI, USB and Audio Extender, KVM Switch or Matrix - Single Unit ("Node") with support for PoE (includes the optional External PSU).
The Adder ADDERLink XDIP-US is a compact, easy to install, fanless KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) matrix solution that runs on a standard IP network and enables users to extend and manage their computers with ultra-low latency, HD video and stereo audio away from the user work station, whilst maintaining the original user desktop experience. The XDIP series is scalable, from simple extension to small matrix. It is very well suited to small and medium sized installations. These flexible modules (nodes) can be configured either as transmitters or receivers and then mixed in a variety of combinations to suit.
- Uses IP technology over standard CATx network cable
- Point-to-point, switching, sharing or small matrix operation
- Each receiver can see up to 16 sources and each transmitter can connect to up to 256 receivers for a distributed KVM switch or KVM sharer
- 330ft (100m) point to point extender over a single CATX cable with a 40% overhead for safety
- Longer distances can be achieved by routing through IP infrastructure
- USB and HDMI video feed through ports at both local and remote unit
- USB 2.0 (low & full speed) for keyboard, mouse, tablet and touch screen
- Bi-directional analog audio (line in/out) with headphone support
- Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Plug and play
Adder XDIP-US Features
One solution, many uses
XDIP nodes can be configured as a simple extender, distributed KVM switch or for AV distribution. Each receiver can see up to 16 sources and each transmitter can connect to up to 256 receivers.
The system is delivered as "Nodes" which are assigned a role on setup - Transmitter (TX) or Receiver (RX). Since each XDIP "node"' is identical from the factory, the solution can be designed and built to suit very specific applications. Should the application change, units can be re-configured to suit the new environment - providing the ultimate flexibly.
High quality video, real time controlThe XDIP supports video resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz and implements low latency, high quality, 60Hz video compression to deliver an "at the computer" user experience over a standard Gigabit LAN.
CATx cable for connection
Video, USB2.0 and audio all pass along a single minimum spec of CAT5e cable allowing use of existing infrastructure cables in the building. Distance is linked to the IP standard of 100m runs with a 40% overhead for safety. Longer distances are achieved by routing through your IP infrastructure.
Feed through and local computer support
Video and USB feed through ports are available. These enable a local console at the source computer. A local computer is also supported at the user station.
The extender has an intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer or alternatively, a fixed EDID can be specified.
Plug and Play
The AdderLink XDIP extender is delivered in a zero config state so you can plug the units in and start working with them straight away. Theres no need for drivers or software to be installed. A simple wizard takes you through setup at the start of life of the product.
CD-quality analog audio
The unit delivers CD-quality stereo audio (16-bit sampling at 48kHz) is available to transfer audio between local and remote. Headphones are also supported (16 or 32 Ohms impedance).
Adder XDIP-US Package Contents
- (1) XDIP node
- (1) 5ft HDMI Cable (VSCD15)
- (1) 6 ft. USB A to B Cable (VSC24)
- (1) 6 ft. 3.5mm Jack Audio Cable (VSC22)
- (1) External 12VDC Power Adapter with Locking Connector (PSU-IEC-12VDC-1.5A)
- (1) IEC US Specific Power Cable (CAB-IEC-USA)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide + Safety Documents
- (1) 2-Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime World Class Support - Expandable up to 4 years
Adder XDIP Resources
Adder XDIP Datasheet (PDF)
Adder XDIP Brochure (PDF)
Adder XDIP Manual (PDF)
All XDIP-Series Models
- External PSU Models:
- XDIP-PSU-US: Single node with 12V PSU and US power cable, no PoE
- XDIP/P-US: Two nodes with 12V PSU and US power cable, no PoE (point-to-point Extension)
- XDIP-PSU-RED: Single node with PSU cable for connection to RED-PSU, no PoE
- Power-Over-Ethernet Models:
- XDIP-POE: Single node PoE-powered or by optional 12V PSU
- XDIP-US: Single PoE node including external 12V PSU
- XDIP-RED: Single PoE node with PSU cable for connection to RED-PSU
Adder ADDERLink XDIP-US Specifications
1.22 in. (31 mm.)
6.65 in. (169 mm.)
4.8 in. (120 mm.)
1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg.)
Compact case, robust metal construction.
0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F
PoE (Power over Ethernet) 802.3af via Ethernet port or 3 Pin Locking DC jack (100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 0.7A, input to power adapter, 12VDC 18W output from power adapter)
|Computer connections||HDMI, Audio 3.5mm, USB type B, 8p8c Ethernet port|
|Console connections||HDMI, Ethernet, 3 x USB type A, Audio 3.5mm|
|Software Compatibility||All known operating systems. No drivers required|
All computers with HDMI, USB and analogue audio. Can be interfaced to VGA, DVI and DisplayPort with appropriate adaptors