The FC-50 is a bidirectional range extender for RS-232 signals. The unit converts an RS-232 signal to a twisted pair signal and sends it to a second FC-50 that converts the twisted pair signal back into an RS-232 signal.
Features & Benefits
- Mode Selection - Connects the RS-232 port to a PC or a controlled device.
- Mode Indicator LED - Red for device and green for PC.
- System Range - Up to 1000m (3300ft).
- Crossed/Straight Selection - Between the unit and the controlled device.
- Power Connect System - A single connection to the transmitter or the receiver powers both units when the devices are within 150ft (50m) of each other.
- Compact MultiTOOLS - 4 units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK-1 universal rack adapter.
- Operation - 2 units are required.
- Bidirectional RS-232 Operation.
- Cable - UTP (unshielded twisted pair) or STP (shielded twisted pair) such as CAT 5.
|Ports||1 RS-232 on a 9-pin D-sub connector; 1 twisted pair on an RJ-45 connector|
|Baud Rates||Up to 115200|
|Power Consumption||12V DC 42mA|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to +40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to 158°F (-40° to +70°C)|
|Humidity||10 - 90% Non-condensing|
|Product Dimensions W, D, H||2.10" x 2.87" x 1.72" (5.33cm x 7.30cm x 4.36cm)|
|Product Weight||0.2 lbs. (0.1 kg)|