The KADS-100 (Kramer Audio Distribution System) is a master audio controller for use with multiple, remote, active KADS-1 and KADS-2 speakers. It features eight unbalanced mono audio inputs, one S/PDIF digital stereo audio input, and one USB connector for mass-storage devices. RS-232 data and commands flow bidirectionally allowing remote status requests and control of the speakers. The KADS system runs power and eight audio channels over a single standard speaker cable. It supports up to 99 speakers in a system with equalization and gain control on each speaker.
Features & Benefits
- High-Resolution Audio Support.
- Highly Flexible Layout Options - Supports up to 8 speakers per branch) in a daisy chain. Additional branches (up to 99 speakers) require KADS-2 branching speakers with additional power supplies.
- Eight Logical Audio Channels - Each input can be assigned to one or more KADS speakers.
- Ten Presets - For storing commonly used configurations.
- Bidirectional RS-232 - RS-232 data and commands flow bidirectionally allowing remote status requests and control of up to eight daisy-chained KADS-1 speakers on a single standard speaker cable.
- USB - USB-A for Mass Storage & USB-C Mini for Firmware upgrade.
- Control - RS-232, Ethernet (built-in web server) & IR. Each speaker: Input source, volume, base, mid-range plus mic gain/delay.
- System Range - Up to 30m (100ft) between speakers, total range 240m (800ft). Longer ranges require additional power supplies for KADS-2 branching speakers.
- Built-In Ethernet Web Server.
|Inputs||1 mic on a 6.5mm phone jack (F); 8 analog stereo audio on RCA connectors; 1 S/PDIF audio on an RCA connector; 1 USB on a USB Type A connector|
|Output||1 speaker on a 2-pin terminal block connector|
|Ports||1 bidirectional RS-232 on a 9-pin D-sub connector (for remote serial control or firmware upgrades); 1 prog/upgrade on a mini USB (for firmware upgrades); 1 Ethernet on an RJ-45 TP connector|
|RS-232||Baud rate: 115200bps; Mode: full-duplex|
|USB Flash Drive||Maximum 1Gb partition formatted as FAT32|
|Max Distance between Speakers||30m (100ft)|
|Power Consumption||100-240V AC; 50/60Hz; 220VA|
|Transmission Distance||Up to 30m (100ft) on a two-wire twisted power cable|
|Operating Temperature||0° to +40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to +70°C (-40° to 158°F)|
|Product Dimensions W, D, H||19" x 7.20" x 1U (43.6cm x 18.30cm 4.36cm)|
|Product Weight||5 lbs (0.0kg)|