The KADS-2 is an active speaker with multi-channel, digital audio, control and power provided over a single cable. Used in conjunction with the KADS-100 controller, up to ninety-nine KADS-2 speakers can be connected in tree and branch configurations. The KADS-2 has two outputs that can be connected to either a KADS-1 or a KADS-2 up to 30m away with a total of sixteen speakers, eight per chain. The KADS-2 also has a power input for extending a chain beyond 30m for a further eight speakers in the chain.
Features & Benefits
- High-Resolution Audio Support.
- Highly Flexible Layout Options - Up to 99 speakers (8 per branch). Additional branches/speakers require an optional power supply for each 8 speakers.
- Control - Via the KADS-100 controller.
- Speaker ID - Set unique ID on each speaker for control from KAD-100 Controller.
- Built-in 25 Watt Power Amplifier. - Power via KADS-100 controller for 8 speakers.
- USB - For firmware upgrades.
- Range - 30m (100') between speakers with a 240m (800') total system range without additional power supplies.
|Inputs||1 TP on a 2-pin large terminal block|
|Output||1 TP on a 2-pin Molex connector|
|Ports||1 bidirectional RS-232 serial port on a 3-pin terminal block|
|Audio Bandwidth||0 to 20kHz @-3dB|
|S/N Ratio||84dB unweighted|
|Total Gain||Analog/analog: 0dB; Analog/SPDIF: -12dBFS|
|RS-232 Baud Rate||115200bps; Full-duplex|
|Power Consumption||24V DC; 1.5A|
|Transmission Distance||8 speakers each up to 30m (100ft) apart|
|Operating Temperature||0° to +40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to +70°C (-40° to 158°F)|
|Product Dimensions W, D, H||7.2" x 6.65" x 9.61" (18.3cm x 16.9cm x 24.4cm)|
|Product Weight||5.1 lbs (3.7kg)|